Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Florida and geogia folks have gotten together I think its about time us folks in the cornor of the world meet up somewhere If anyone is interested we could find a central location and set something up. what do yall think??

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
sounds good but if i were to go it would have to be like in charlotte (my mommy is strict on me :cry ) if not you HAVE to post the pics :thumbup

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im all for it I was thinking in the first week of dec or so I have to look at my work schedule though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
OMG ANOTHER STAFFORD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer :thumbup . where you live in stafford? Btw on the subject, im up for it.
Tim

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm game. There's still the Uwharrie meet on the 15th of November that the guys from pavementsucks.com are doing. I believe that Uwharrie will be closed in December?

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
I like to go but I have no ride:cry do do massive body work on the bronco:thumbup

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Richmond is about 5 hours for me. Is anyone closer to KY that wants to get together?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Project Lazarus said:
Hey Dave, ever been out to Kemp Rd to wheel? Some nice trails out there. Powerline trail...

sounds cool but is it a legal place??

We dont have to neccessarily meet at a trail (although it would be preferred) If nothing else we could meet for dinner and a beer somewhere just so we can put a face with the names on here.

and BTW why hasnt our fearless leader spoken up yet if we are gonna get together it would be nice to meet the man who set this site up for us all. so if anybody sees DSOTMOON lurking around send him to this thread.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW I am off the first Friday Saturday and Sunday in december how does that saturday sound to everyone interested and if it works for yall we just need a place to meet up.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
southrnpride69 said:
sounds cool but is it a legal place??

We dont have to neccessarily meet at a trail (although it would be preferred) If nothing else we could meet for dinner and a beer somewhere just so we can put a face with the names on here.

and BTW why hasnt our fearless leader spoken up yet if we are gonna get together it would be nice to meet the man who set this site up for us all. so if anybody sees DSOTMOON lurking around send him to this thread.
Depends on what part you're on. Some of it is legal and some isn't. There's a mix of stuff in there. Most of it's dirt trails though, lots of opportunities to cycle out the suspension. There's also a couple DEEP bogs out there. There was one 4Runner that got stuck in one; from what the guys I went with said, it's challenging for 44"ers. I think the Yota had something like 33s.....Ooops. Don't think it'd be worth coming all the way from Virginia for though. That's more of a judgement call though. I've only been once, and I had to ride....stupid tensioner kept throwing my belt. I'll see if I can find some pix of the trail and get them posted/linked.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Few pix of Kemp:

http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/attachments/attachment-241547.jpg
The particular Dodge in question has 11" of lift and 37" MT/Rs. As you can see......the right front is gone in that hole.

Pic of the Toyota that was stuck....and a correction. It was 35" x-terrains. You can see how bad he was stuck and he's no where near touching bottom. Btw, it's got a SAS.

http://209.51.142.186/~ncxcom/messageboard/attachments/DSC00761.JPG
Good shot of where everything starts to split off.

http://209.51.142.186/~ncxcom/messageboard/attachments/DSC00771.JPG
Dirt/rock face in the above photo. VERY decieving pic...it looks a whole lot more tame in the pic than it does in real life.

http://www.nc4x4.com/messageboard/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=4029
More pix here.

There's also a place here in NC called Globe. Dunno anything about it though.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I'd be up for a meeting.

I tried putting one together in the SW VA area...but I kinda dropped the ball. :(

:beer
Bill

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
southrnpride69 said:
so if anybody sees DSOTMOON lurking around send him to this thread.
I would be up for something on a saturday in the next 3-5 weeks within 3 hours drive time, somewhere near me or charlotte, nc, maybe towards norfolk, the bronco is going in the shop tommorow to determine a coolant leak towards the back of the engine, i'll have to see how severe that is first

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from the back of the motor? Unless you have a busted freeze plug, it's probably getting blown back from a leak on the water pump, radiator, front cover, etc....

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
seboh said:
Are you sure it's coming from the back of the motor? Unless you have a busted freeze plug,
i think its a freeze plug, it was pouring down rain today and I dont have time to try and figure it out so a shop close to my work is going to take and look and fix it tommorow if its the freeze plug

1 - 20 of 62 Posts