Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's my old stomping ground. Grew up a short distance away and lived at Radford when I got out of the military. Love that area...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
always good to see people that has been around here but can never seem to find one still here.:scratchhe. It is a small area and all the jobs are still leaving.
I grew up in Pulaski county just across the river from Radford. Belspring if you ever ventured that way. glad you posted atleast it is nice to find people that used to live near here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I left right at 18 and now at 41 looking for a way to get back to SWVA. Sadly, the town I grew up in is a coal town, and current restrictions and regulations have all but bankrupted that industry, so my hometown will be a ghosttown before my son's has grown kids.

Roanoke, however, is a viable option, and I love the Star City. I just wish they still had a minor league hockey team. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know what you mean I used to work at long airdox. Was bucyrus when I started Caterpillar bought us out and then they shut the place down. We built underground coal mining equipment. Room and pillar style. Roanoke is not a bad place its def the biggest place to find a job and so is Virginia tech now that place is exploding.
where are you located now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts