Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I've been out of the loop here for the past three years due to school commitments. Anyways, now that I've got a car again I have no idea where the wheeling spots are in Virginia. So far I've only heard of Harrisonburg and Crozet.

Anything else?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Lonestar,

Some buddies and I are hitting Crozet for the first time on Feb. 9th with the Jeepers.

I am actually looking for any wheelin' or muddin' areas in Central Virginia (Richmond, Henrico, Hanover, West End).

Are you a member of any local 4x4 clubs?

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dry River is pretty cool, lots of places the play and get your truck dirty. we also did flag pole knob it the snow yesterday and it it seemed to be mainly a fire road to the top but I think there are other challeges on some of the side trails.
we need to get a trail ride going this spring.

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you a member of any local 4x4 clubs?
No, I've been too busy with school to get involved in any.

Yesterday we went out to Rocky Run OHV with a 2001 Super Duty (me), a XJ, and a Tacoma. We had a pretty good time inspite of the fact that the F250 is my tow rig and I don't want to get a scratch on it. Even though the trails were easy, it sure made me miss my Bronco (its still in Texas).

·
Registered
980 Posts
No, I've been too busy with school to get involved in any.

Yesterday we went out to Rocky Run OHV with a 2001 Super Duty (me), a XJ, and a Tacoma. We had a pretty good time inspite of the fact that the F250 is my tow rig and I don't want to get a scratch on it. Even though the trails were easy, it sure made me miss my Bronco (its still in Texas).

That trail would be fun in the snow.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the information. Will definitely have to check out GWF and the Rocky Run OHV.

Lonestar, you gotta get your bronco to the Commonwealth!

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell me about it. All the stuff I wanted to do to it in high school but couldn't because it was still my daily driver... and then out of the blue I get a diesel truck I could tow with... things need to happen to the old Bronco.

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you want to come up to the blacksburg area there are a few decent trails, but might be more worth your time it to go to GWNF

·
Registered
980 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts