Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all kinda new here and hope this is the right place to ask but does any one have a source for OEM sun visors. Mine are straight up POS the rest of my interior is cherry and those visors ruin it for me. Thanks to all.

JD

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I just bought a set to replace the ones in my 88 from a local junkyard, they charged me $15 for the set. If you've got a local boneyard near you that rotates lots of vehicles through, then you'd have a good chance of finding a set that aren't dry rotted, moldy, etc.....

Pulled mine out of an F-150.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have looked at new ones for my truck and they wanted some rediculous price like $100-150!!! Definantly going to get it from a junkyard.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Miketnf150 said:
:stupid Also PM Steve83 he has tons of extra parts.
:stupid Beat me to it...he does have a couple of sets...even some "double" visors...:thumbup

·
Banned
18,873 Posts
Yep,:toothless I've got some vinyl ones with the center clips, and one set of cloth dual '94-96 EB visors with illuminated vanity mirrors. All tan. :imp
E-mail for more info.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
OK, Why do the sunvisors sort of flop loose around a bit. There's nothing to clip/rest them into near the top of the windshield molding. I took them apart but didn't see that any little part/parts were missing. I tried using these plastic clips ( square S shape) for house screens and they work but periodicaly they break and I can't always find them. My visors are in very good shape so what can I do to fix this problem?
Anything I can put inside where they screw in to the roof line?

Thanks

·
Banned
18,873 Posts
The wear because the only thing that keeps the spring compressed is the bend in the rod where it comes thru the mounting base. Over time, the spring pulls the bend into the base, which widens it, and the spring goes loose. Then the visors swing freely & sag. I guess they need Visoragra... :shrug

:lolup

I've tried cutting a groove in the rod & adding an E-ring to hold the spring tight, but it didn't work. Rotating the arm spit the E-ring out. You just gotta replace 'em.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Well thta's about what I thought, I don't recall any spring inside. There's a little bit of the rod inside the mounting base maybe a short piece of tubing over the rod and just enough to fit inside might do the trick. I'll have to check the diameter of the rod, maybe a waste of time! I still think my plastic screen clips work the best but there hard to find sometimes.

Thanks

:banghead

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Steve83:
Behind that foam stuff? I tore out the headliner because it was coming apart and vacummed all the stuff out. Much better then having that debris floating all over with the windows down.
I'll check it out, I was thinhing like brake line tubing or something similar to fit over the rod and make a good fit inside to keep it from moving?

Thanks

:thumbup

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've "heard" that if you rotate the visors in the mount and swap sides you can get a few more miles out of them. Threw mine away before I heard about it so I never got the chance to try it.

Ron

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Steve83:
Yes I've had them off several times but I don't remember a spring, it's been a while so I'll look again. Worked on the door latch mechanisims, passenger side is a biatch to unlock with the key. Will have to replace actuators at some point to get the electrics working again.
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts