Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bronco Driver Magazine said:
We have a guestbook site up and running for you to post
your Concept Bronco comments. I encourage you all to take a few moments to fill this out. Pass this info to all of your Bronco buds, regardless of what list they may be following. My contacts on this concept will be
shown your comments, so let them know what you think.

The link is right in the center of our home page:
http://www.BroncoDriver.com

Thanks for your input,
Morris Rothfeldt, Jr.
Editor, Bronco Driver Magazine
P.O. Box 30806
Knoxville, TN 37930
(Can somebody with the "power" move this to the anouncment section)

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
I have posted about it

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
that vehicle is not even close to a real production vehicle, when they release one that actually has a chance of being released to the public, then i will comment on it

wes

·
College User
2,016 Posts
WES said:
that vehicle is not even close to a real production vehicle, when they release one that actually has a chance of being released to the public, then i will comment on it

wes
Sounds like a comment to me. :slap But a valid comment :thumbup

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
ok, ive decided to write a big long response and post it up, there are so many changes that need to be made, its gonna be long

wes

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think its uglier than my ASS

·
Registered
331 Posts
I dont think it looks bad, at first glance it made me think of a land rover or something. Its like with all the other car companies going nuvo-retro with all their styling and concepts. Chrysler has the 300 series, Ford with the GT and this Bronco, Chevy has the Nomad, Toyota had the Fj Cruiser. I'd rather buy that an Escape, though I dont know what the dimensions are right now.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I already responded to this in another thread, but I'm more than happy to bitch about it again. :thumbup

This quote is from MSNBC's web site about the concept Bronco debut.

"The Bronco concept unveiled Sunday is a two-door, rugged-looking sport utility based on the Brazilian-built Ford EcoSport. Ford executives have said the EcoSport could be brought to the United States as a competitor to the Chevrolet Aveo, a Korean-made car targeting entry-level buyers."

This concept is not even a bastardized Expedition. It's being designed to compete with what I assume Ford thinks the Explorer is supposed to be competing with?

A knock off Brazilian import is exactly what this country does not need. As described it is nothing but another junk soccer mom car. The most off road action it would ever see is someone's dirt driveway.

If FoMoCo wants wants to bring back the name Bronco. It should be a vehicle that is a companion to the 4WD F-150. FoMoCo needs to build a Bronco that rivals or surpasses where Jeep is taking their 4wd's. Let's face it. The American automotivce industry is crap.

If Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet are not careful, Toyota is going to move up and on to where they are the only competition for Jeep. If Ford is serious about bringing back the Bronco name, then they really ought to bring back what the Bronco was. Make it the leading competitor for the "trail rated" Jeep!

If they can't do that, they need to just leave it alone.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Ironclad said:
If they can't do that, they need to just leave it alone.

Agreed!!! :beer :drinkbud

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gave my opinion too. I said put a V8 in it, a removable top and make it as capable as a Jeep.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ohhh no........now Ford is actually talking about putting it into production.
I wish they would make a fullsize Bronco based on the new F-150. Just continue where they left off in '96, but modern. Anybody have any photochops of such a truck?

Anyway, here is a link to the bad news.

Autoweek link

1 - 17 of 17 Posts