Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an earlier thread about bqattery discharge at night. I pulled the Alternator, Starter and the brand new battery and had Autozone test all. The alternator and starter tested fine and the battery failed. They gave me another battery and everything seems fine but i noticed that my meter which usally runs right in the middle was on the "n" of normal.

Today as I drove it it kept dropping well below normal. My multimeter says 15V at the battery with engine running. But when I put my charger on it say the battery was at 10% capacity,. Any ideas? 15V when running makes it seen unlikely the alternator but the battery is not charging, 3rd bad battery?

Sorry for the long thread/

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please Ignore this thread

I'm sorry for stupidity. After further examination I discoved the idiot (me) that reinstalled the alternator did not tighten the nut on the main lead in the back, just started it! Sorry to wasted you'alls time:duh:duh

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I'm sorry for stupidity. After further examination I discoved the idiot (me) that reinstalled the alternator did not tighten the nut on the main lead in the back, just started it! Sorry to wasted you'alls time:duh:duh

That's okay Pal, it could be worse----like if this was the Prius Forum..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts