Votes: 120 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 245 Posts

·
FSM Lifetime
4,612 Posts
I think this is number 7 or 8. I know that only Pepe has come in 2nd more than me :thumbup

*sigh* fine! I'll "work" the bronco... as soon as i figure out what the heck that entails :wacko
Sorry, was typing quickly. Just haven't got to see enough pics of your truck offroading. or really enough pics period. We want to see more! :)

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Sorry, was typing quickly. Just haven't got to see enough pics of your truck offroading. or really enough pics period. We want to see more! :)
x2, more pics John :thumbup

There are 11 more days left to the contest, I personally always wait till late in the game to vote and I know others do too. I like to see all the pics of the rigs and what all has been done to them before I choose.

It's still anybodies contest :thumbup

We have 5 excellent Broncos that vary greatly from one another running this month.
(Everyone likes variety :toothless)
All five are worthy of carrying the title of "FullSize Of The Month" :thumbup

Which one will be selected is up to you :chili:

So contestants post up those pics and lets get all the votes we can get :beer

Good luck to each of you.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
My Bronco may look bone stock but there's plenty of mods and subtle tweaks that don't show up at first glance.

I'm getting "encouragement" to post more pics. I'll do just that if that's what y'all want.

Realize that, like many of you, I'm on a budget and I rarely do a high dollar mod unless it's gonna pay back in a bigway.

In that light of thinking here you go

The Six dollar project;

Under floor storage inspired by Clint Russell, but modified for complete stealth by me;

I keep amps here, but you can keep tow ropes, tools, contraband, etc

Mark out the floor area

Clean off undercoating and paint (you won't get the chance later) from the underside

Not much sheet metal needed at all;

Double check

Slice out the hole;

Stick it through from underneath;

I got my buddy to button weld the flanges, but you could use sheet metal screws if you don't have a welder nearby;

Seam sealed and caulked and spray painted;

This is what thieves and back seat drivers see;

If this is what y'all want to see (again) I'll keep posting the many mods and tweaks that make my seemingly stock bronco very much not.

thanks for all the support

Sixlitre

·
Official FSB beer drinker
1,534 Posts
It's going to be a long night if you reckin' on postin' most of those today.

Can someone help him make the link to his supermotors page an actual link?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,798 Posts
If this is what y'all want to see (again) I'll keep posting the many mods and tweaks that make my seemingly stock bronco very much not.
:upup:Six Pics! Six Pics! Six Pics!

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
sorry 'bout that... it's not like this FOTM was a suprise or anything. I'll be much more prepared for the next. :doh0715:

It's like i was telling Alan on the phone tonight...i probably havn't put 3,000 miles on my bronco in the last couple of years. I'm starting to drive it much more now, so maybe i can build up my picture count again. Or at least update it a little.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

There are 11 more days left to the contest, I personally always wait till late in the game to vote and I know others do too. I like to see all the pics of the rigs and what all has been done to them before I choose.

It's still anybodies contest :thumbup

We have 5 excellent Broncos that vary greatly from one another running this month.
(Everyone likes variety :toothless)
All five are worthy of carrying the title of "FullSize Of The Month" :thumbup

Which one will be selected is up to you :chili:

So contestants post up those pics and lets get all the votes we can get :beer

Good luck to each of you.
:stupid Watt He said ^

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
sorry 'bout that... it's not like this FOTM was a suprise or anything. I'll be much more prepared for the next. :doh0715:

It's like i was telling Alan on the phone tonight...i probably havn't put 3,000 miles on my bronco in the last couple of years. I'm starting to drive it much more now, so maybe i can build up my picture count again. Or at least update it a little.

Know what you mean Ogeechee, I'm in the same boat my friend

Started driving it again, really this Summer.

Hadn't driven it much since Katrina and those oil execs realized we were bent over the counter and vulnerable.

Fell in love with it(the Bronco) all over again. I'm still on a budget with it, but I like to do all the little "low to no" cost mods and upgrades as time and money allow.

In that light, here's today's "Preventative maintenance" upgrade;

Remote transmission filter

This little $19.00 unit could save the most expensive single component in your Bronco (the automatic transmission);

Why didn't I buy the deluxe kit ? Cause I'm cheap and so is their gauge IMO. I just sealed and screwed in the temperature sender unit into the housing's provision;

After that I realized it'd be easier to drill and tap the passenger's inner frame rail, just under the charcoal canister, for "remove-ability";

Then just bolt the unit to the frame rail;

The jury is still out on the "ideal" place to plumb in. I chose to interrupt the return line from the in-rad loop to transmission line. Remember that this loop is notorious for clogging up with crud on the transmissions that followed the AOD. Many people here have had their trans fail due to this.

Two hoses from the cut line into the "in" nipple and out of the "out" nipple and you're ready to go;

This is one of the best mods, of any price, I have done to the Bronco. I thought the AOD was nearly dead at @177,000 miles and since this remote filter it's been shifting like a Demon (340 Demon that is;)).

that was 100,000 miles ago and she's still doing great.

Sixlitre

·
Official FSB beer drinker
1,534 Posts
That was the first mod I did to my truck when I joined the site. Pretty the first ever in the first 7 years of ownership except for a stereo and window tinting.

SEE WHAT YOU STARTED!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Remote transmission filter

The jury is still out on the "ideal" place to plumb in. I chose to interrupt the return line from the in-rad loop to transmission line. Remember that this loop is notorious for clogging up with crud on the transmissions that followed the AOD. Many people here have had their trans fail due to this.

Sixlitre
Thats funny - in the quest to find out why my trans likes 260*+ temps, I found this line to be clogged up twice... I bypassed it at an off-road event, but I think the clog resumed in the return line -I'm going to blow it out with air and see. I bypassed the in-rad heat exchanger entirely and ran the output straight into a trans cooler.

Sixlitre has some awesome innovative knowledge in these boards!

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Here are some cool pics of Johnski up at RITS this year at Tellico...I have plenty more and will post some more up a little later......

VOTE Johnski!!
Thanks Patty! There's some good ones in there showing the new SAS getting some work. Good pics from you as usual.:thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,864 Posts
I think this is number 7 or 8. I know that only Pepe has come in 2nd more than me :thumbup
:brownbag

Nice run folks. Glad to see thing on track and gettin' better!

Kudos to Gack for pickin' up the slack here and big :thumbup to ALL contestants making this a good run! :beer

X

·
0 Posts
Great contestants makes for hard choices!

Just wanted to say that although I am new here i can see that you all are very helpfull to one another and always willing to help out with other peoples rigs. I am torn between SixLitre and Bob. Bob has my favourite body style and Six has the edge of enginuity on his side, not that Bob does not. But it is obvious that Six is a wiz when it comes to getting that bang for your hard earned dollar and turning it into something worth it's weight in gold.

Congrats to all the nominees and best luck on the final days of voting.

Hope you all keep me in mind for future FOTM! :thumbup

KenRod

·
Practicing Infidel
15,313 Posts
Thats funny - in the quest to find out why my trans likes 260*+ temps, I found this line to be clogged up twice... I bypassed it at an off-road event, but I think the clog resumed in the return line -I'm going to blow it out with air and see. I bypassed the in-rad heat exchanger entirely and ran the output straight into a trans cooler.

Sixlitre has some awesome innovative knowledge in these boards!
Well put Kyle

it's your generation Bronco exactly, which is notorious for clogging it's in-rad loop.

Sometimes they clog entirely and the results are catastrophic trans failure resulting in thousands of dollars for a rebuild.

It staggers me that these transmissions can cost more than the engine to rebuild. It's so expensive that in some cases guys here, who don't drive their Bronco on the road much, simply switch back to the three speed C-6 rather than pay for the rebuild.

The reason I love the remote trans filter is the added filtration, over time, can often clean up nearly all the sediment and particulate from the lines and trans and coolers, caught early enough.

What the heck's another $3.00 for an easy to change remote filter?

Sixlitre

p.s./
Hey KenRod thanks for all the kinds words and encouragement. No point in throwing money at vehicles that already siphon the wallet at every fill up.

Careful planning and execution of our mods can leave us with enough money left to fill em' up :toothless

My pic whoring for the day

these were shot before my new body panels.

I'm off to upstate New York today to get some distributors for a couple of the Mopars. Seems we're still getting hosed for car parts up here, even though our dollar has climbed over 98 cents on exchange.

It'll pay me to drive thirty miles South, where I can pick up two rebuilt distributors for the price of one up here.

See y'all when I get back :beer

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
here are some cheap mods, simple crossmember bracing where is cutout a piece to clear the D shaft angle, a high steer spacer made out of a piece of scrap 1/2 steel, and fabbed up traction bar, notice its the front trac bar and a tractor 3 point hitch link, total cost $25. also added painless wrining aux fuse center to compensate for poor wiring in these old trucks. hope to have some tunes added this weekend also.

161 - 180 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.