• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Shortly after, Baja 1000 2010
Heading south and mybrothers tranny goes... no problem, we all jump in each others rides:

rental house in San Felipe had a garage.... nice:

beach run in SF

And a little video from a night run inside the Princess:

http://youtu.be/f2xPCoge2ZQ

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Unfortunately, very short after our baja trip, my brother had an accident in the red bronco:

Fortunately, he walked away, although a little bruise, no major issues. A semi ran a red light, and he could not stop soon enough....... so shortly after the accident, we picked up another bronco, this time black, so we could have twins. Within a month, built it up to similar specs, coilovers, Bilstein 9100s all around, Cut and Turn Beams, etc etc etc which is why there are now twins:

King of the hammers 2011, we were out in the twins:

He is happy:

Mine:

His:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Started to build projector headlights for these trucks.... as a side gig I have always done replacement HID kits, ventured into the custom projector space as well... have done approx 20-25 kits for folks here on FSB!

Also replaced the Camburg Cut and Turn beams with Southwesty Beams and Arms.

got her all cleaned up

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Was not suppose to rain last today. but oh well. IT lead to a great muddy day.

Was up until 1am after noticing a inner wheel bearing was shattered. There was nothing left. LITERATELY!!! But got it done in time and decided to go

Meet a couple of the guys before we went up. Got there around 10:15 unloaded the trailer and 100 ft in the drive shaft brakes

Every stopped to get it fixed, the CV lower busted. Good thing i brought a spare, it looks like the joint was 30 years old and took a army to get the caps off.

We got it after a hour and hit the mud, IT WAS DEEP.. I got out to get pulled out and sunk to my knees ( im 6'4) and couldnt get out with all my effort. I had to get a tow rope thrown to me.. :rofl:

Blah, ill add more later.
Here is what i have.. ALOT MORE to come when the guys upload.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOTY FOR BIGREDKACY :rockon

Katie getting dirty helping with the drive shaft

Burning MUD!!!

Driving up the WALLS.. This was VIRGIN territory

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Electronic Fuel Injection on an M-Block engine????

When I bought the '78 I knew I wanted to inject it. Just how to do so I was not sure. How do you add EFI to an engine that never came from the factory with fuel injection? Using the search function (!) I found out there were basically 4 ways to do it:

1. Buy a new or used aftermarket thottle body injection (TBI) system like a Holley Pro-Jection system. (Basically chevy technology)

2. Swap in a different engine family that did have Ford factory injection (5.0 or 5.8 windsor, 460 with efi, or one of the newer Mod motors - 4.6, 5.4 or V10)

3. Use some Price Motorsports adapters to adapt a 5.8 Windsor lower manifold to the 351M/400 block and heads and use a Mustang MAF set up.

4. Adapt an aftermarket 4bbl aluminum manifold to take injectors and then use the Mustang MAF set up.

I am sure there are other ways or parts combinations that will get you there, but these are the ones I considered. I did not want to go the TBI route and quickly dismissed that option although it would probably be the easiest way to go. I'd love to swap in a V10 Mod motor which I think would be a great engine for a 78-79 Bronco, but at this time it's probably the hardest way and it would obviously have a snowball effect of changing out the tranny and TC too - and probably more technical issues than I wanted to tackle at the time!

So initially I was going down the PMS adapter path and even purchased the lower and upper Windsor manifolds. Bt jopes' efi build convinced me to basically do what he did - use an Edelbrock Streetmaster single-plane manifold as the basis for the efi upgrade. Piston spacing on the 351M/400 is the same as a Windsor so fuel rails from a Mustang or F150/Bronco 5.0 or 5.8 are an exact match. This is where Bill (bmc69) comes in! He has the equipment and the set up to drill and install injector bungs on a 4bbl manifold. And he did an awesome job including making the brackets to hold the rails in place.

Deciding to use the modified Streetmaster was only the first step. Although I followed jopes lead - not sure if anyone else has done this to completion?? - I did do a lot of things differently. I did use the same (or similar one?)TB and elbow. Mine is off a 96 Crown Vic 4.6. But it needed to be adapted to the 4bbl manifold. I made a 1/2 inch phenolic spacer to fit on top of a 1 inch aluminum spacer. I cut it the outside shape of the aluminum adapter and inside bore of the TB elbow.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
EFI harness install . . .

EFI has been by far the most challenging upgrade I have done - and the mechanical install shown above was the easy part! It took a while and a lot of internet research to figure out the harness. Nobody makes a harness for this application so I had to modify a Mustang harness to fit the M-Bloke set up. Besides I really wanted to do it myself so that I fully understood the harness and could troubleshoot it later on if needed.

·
Banned
4,446 Posts
so i have have two buddys in this race so i will vote later on for the one that has the best shot at this.. hope you both get a good turn out on this thing

·
insanity & senselessness
1,296 Posts
Congrats to all of you!!

this is Foty

my vote was for my friend henri and his mighty Bronco 81 400 SAS :rockon

·
I Won My
1,599 Posts
You see them over there talking their smack about us flipping off TTBs!? "oh lets see how fast we can make our broncos go across the desert until we run into a some big rocks that we can't get over cause we'll break" :haha jk i have love for all broncos I just know were overall move versatile over here compare to the go fast guys :duel :boxing :slap

161 - 180 of 607 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.