Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

2021 FOTY

• BRONCNUT95

• Simrokkzz

• Doosenberry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time again ladies and gentlemen, the Fullsize of the Year competition is upon us!

We have 3 competitors here to duke it out for your enjoyment

@BRONCNUT95

@simrokkzz

@Doosenberry
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

Winner receives a lifetime premium FSB membership, bragging rights, and their bronco on the FSB website banner for a whole year! .

Premium Member
1995 , sas, L&L ladder bars, 37/14.50/15 Toyos , 9 inch lift
Hi everyone, wow time flies. Just wanted to thank everyone for their support during the contest. In doing so it made one of my dreams come true , having the bronco in a magazine. Bronco Driver magazine did an amazing 5 page spread . When the magazine came i tried to read it out loud and cried like a little girl..lol. It can be seen in issue # 87. I'll post pics. Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween 馃巸

Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
Looks like I gotta take the Bronco out and do a photoshoot. Gotta get some fresh content. lol

These are the last pics I took with my Bronco. I was taking my girls out to Balanced Rock Park (Idaho), so they could attempt to swipe some itty bitty fish in the creek with their "minnow" nets. That didn't work out so well. However, we stopped at the Balanced Rock and went for a hike to check it out.

I haven't gone back since we went there, but I was considering going back to see what all these paths are about. Looks like there might be fun to be had.

Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
I'm going to see if I can convince my kids to help me take some action shots like they did when we went camping. They are twins and complete opposites on a lot of things. One likes to go off road in the Bronco and one absolutely does not. It makes for some interesting pre-trip conversations. "How come you never tell us where we're going before we leave?" lol

Yesterday I popped off my valve covers and cleaned up the mating surfaces on the heads and the covers and wiped all the oil off the gaskets. I had a bad leak and my valve cover bolts were loose enough I could spin them off with one finger, no good. After things were cleaned, I reinstalled and gave the bolts some proper torque.

After that, I took my girls with me for a drive, with no destination, to see if I still had the massive leak. We stopped in the canyon and checked out one of the waterfalls here while we were out.

Zoomed in.

Zoomed out.

Video from under the falls for those of you who are nature enthusiasts.

Premium Member
I got one usable video (mostly centered) out of my chocolate dipped ice cream cone bribe. After that, I was setting things up stationary by propping my phone up on my portable air compressor that I keep in the Bronco for airing up tires.

I aired down to 15 psi and gave it a shot on this rock shelf I've wanted to climb before. I think pre-lift on my Bronco that my front bumper wouldn't clear it.

Here's a couple shots from a couple years ago when I was lining it up to see if my front end would clear it.

Then here was my attempt today. I wish my daughter would have kept the camera level (and Bronco centered). If you tilt whatever you're watching on so that the horizon in the video is level, you can see the Bronco looks a lot more vertical. I was a bit nervous when it was going up, I won't lie. Just clutch and brakes, the 460 makes a lot of torque off idle, especially when in 4-low and granny gear on the np435.

Premium Member
Here's the video I made by propping my phone on the bag of my compressor. Sound is a little muffled, the mic side of the phone was against the bag. I spotted some mud (that I was not looking for)! I'm not a huge fan of mud, the cleanup specifically, but what the hell, it's FOTY.

Premium Member
1995 , sas, L&L ladder bars, 37/14.50/15 Toyos , 9 inch lift
Well after I got back my bronco this time after the 8 years I decided I wasn't going to tear it up. I decided to tear it down and build more of a show and go beach cruiser. Something that'll last. However I do have a 79 bronco I'm building for offroad that I believe I shared in my BOTM contest. Here are some pics from the Okeechobee Mudfest in south Fl just before I painted it the 1st time Tangelo pearl.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Sky Car Vehicle Working animal Wheel
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual hubs
Hey Guys,
great to have the chance to be voted for!

I will not repeat the whole story from my project thread nor the one from FOTM thread, but I will go on telling you what happend since then:
The article will be in next Bronco Driver Magazine!!

thanks once more for voting me in June, thats a big story for me! Appreciate it a lot!!!

We got the Bronco finally registred with a historic car status, after lots of hassle back and forth.
This really helped enjoying the car occasionally during german summer time, and I am really looking forward to winter time, as snow and 4x4 in the local woods will be tons of fun.

In the meantime we really went tough on mountainbiking, which I am basically doing since the 90s more or less.
We got local MTB trails approved by forrest inspection department, so thats lots of fun as well.

I founded a custom mountain bike shop early October, next to my primary job, not really to earn money, more for the riders themselves, as we experienced lack of service or individual guidance.
check www.stockedbikes.de some content is in english as well.

The Bronco will be our shop truck, and will be used a bike shuttle at the trails next year, unfortunate the stickers are not ready yet, so I can not show, but maybe next week.

meanwhile the Bronco was used for transportation of building wood, we enojyed some trips in it, I honestly love it, as if you move in, you enter a time machine, and get relaxed, calmed down, and no worries about what so ever. Plus its pretty reliable, I only had one issue since registration, that was simply bad ground at the Holley fuel pump, that was it.

Sure front axles could be adressed bearing and sealing wise, but apart from that, it simply drives and it drives good, since I adjusted the front shocks, 2 of the 4 were totally closed, to the front axle was pretty harsh, now its on position 2/6 and rides totally smooth!

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Truck Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Cloud

ice ice baby, needed the sun to help, as no heating system installed ;-)

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Plant

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

the Corvette is sold, so we got back to a FORD GARAGE
yeah Baby!!!

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

now its up to you, VOTE for me!!!

This would be stunning to succeed here, but anyhows, I wish all the best to the others, especially Doosenberry!!!

Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
I like all of these Broncos..Each are cool in their own way and the owners are solid guys as well..This is going to be a tough decision..

Premium Member
I like all of these Broncos..Each are cool in their own way and the owners are solid guys as well..This is going to be a tough decision..

Well, I mean, I know which hunk of junk I'd vote for. ;)

Premium Member
How about an attempt at finding the breakover angle? Looks like I had a few more inches of clearance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts