Discussion Starter #1
THESE ARE YOUR NOMINEES:

1- Johnski :thumbup
2- Bearfoot_25 :thumbup
3- 84x4bronco :thumbup
4- Spectre :thumbup
5- RLKBOB :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

PS LETS GET PASSED THE 200 VOTE COUNT!!!

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
This should be a good month, some well evenly matched rigs in the contest... Start pimpin your rides boys! :whip And good luck to all of ya :beer

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
My rig doesnt have any extreme mods cause its still a DD I take the kids to school and do all my driving in it. .:thumbup Ill start with some mods and stuff then ill get to the action shots.

Heres the Rundown
89 Bronco Custom, Former Seminole County Parks Vehicle
5.0, AOD, Cold A/c
K&N drop in filter, Underdrive pulleys, Dual Electric Fans(Taurus), Dual Batteries, 130amp 3G alt(Taurus),
Herculiner interior,Dual Glass pack 2-1/4 exhaust. Track loc 8.8 rear 3.55
and d44 Lincoln Locker( Just installed Today) 3.55 front
33-12.50-15 ProComp M/Ts
4 inch Tuff coutry Lift with Pro Comp drop pitman and extended braided stainless brakelines, Rancho Rs5000 shocks
Tram D80 CB with 8ft steel whip antennae(sp?)
Warn standard Hubs
Reese Hitch

Coming Soon:
Shaved Spooled Disk Brake 9inch With Chevy Front caliper brackets and calipers
Custom Rear Bumper
Custom Built Radius arms
Sky shackle Flip
Warn premiums

First some pics of the day i got her

after a week changed already!!

Some Mods ive done

33-12.50 pro comp M/T

Herculined interior

Bumper mods, poor mans style :toothless
The pics dont show it but i also added some angle behind the bumper to re enforce it.

Hi-Lift mount

Ditributer boot to keep the FL swamp water out of the dizzy

tool and recovery box

A- pillar Temp guage and Tach, Cobra CB, cd player triple power outlets, and Fan Switch

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Some Stuck and Woops Pics
A- Pit in Ocala. A little bit more tire or some lockers could have avoide this one. Also slid into a tree after i backed down. Not bad for my first Rock crawling (Florida style rock crawling)

Stuck in the Mondex

Power lines Somewhere??? Asl Flamudlinger or Gearhead :shrug

Stuck in the Mondex

Stuck in the Mondex AGAIN This time for 4hours. Plenty of time to take Pics:thumbup

Jacked it all the way up Hub still in the water:doh0715:

10,000 Acres in East Palatka

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Heres the Pics from the Backyard Bash competition Held by Claycounty 4x4 (the legend) Last April. I won my class (stock no lockers 35 and smaller tires). which consisted of some Jeeps that were modified, an H1 and a few Chebbies.

Catching some air under the front tires coming out of the starting water pit

Culvert pipe obstacle

Catching some more front tire Air going through the log obstacle

Log and "Rocks" Obstacle

Me driving Flamudslinger navigating

Me sporting my trophy in the back left

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I'll start with a few poser pics. Don't have any of it when I first got it, they're on regular film and my scanner won't scan right now.

I'll start by pimpin my FSB stickers.

In front of the Powerhouse at work.

My engine on the stand before it went in last year.

I'll post up all the specs on mine later, gotta get to work right now.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Don't have a ton of time right now to post a bunch, so here's what's coming...
I'll show how this...

...turned into this...

...with a whole bunch of this in between...

All on a NC teacher's budget.:thumbup

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
I guess i should start off with where this thing came from... it all started when i saw this big rusty black bronco in the corner of a parking lot up north in springerville. i wanted to look at it, since i like the big trucks... turns out it had a price tag on it... i got all excited, because it had a 4 inch lift on it and the coils were red :rofl:. the only reason i knew it was a rancho lift was because it had rancho stickers on the shell, and i thought the dry rotted 35" BFG's were badass.
called the number on the window and a guy answered, and didn't speak english. all i got out that he understood was bronco and i want to buy. so, he came down, and the thing wouldn't start. it took 10 minutes or so, and finally the worn out 2BBL carb spit some gas out and i got to drive it around the lot. i put it in 4x4 right off the bat to see if the hubs worked, and they did. that was all i needed. i put 100 bucks down on it to get him to take the for sale sign off of it, and the next weekend dropped the other 1900 bucks drove it 350 miles home, losing a tire on the way. biggest mistake of my life :toothless

since then, she's come a LOOONG way. i dont think there's a part that has gone untouched on the entire thing. in the next week or so, i'll show ya where it has gone since the above... to now:

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
apparently the previous owner had been a mason or a drywall guy, because there was tons of light gray chalky dust all over the inside of the cab. it had a visor on it, as well as some other lame stuff inside that bugged me. it had a non functional tape deck, TONS of "extra wiring" all over the place, and there was this cool coffee mug in the bottom of the console that had been melted in place by some sticky stuff. i think i pulled about 20 strawberry scented air fresheners out of all kinds of funny places when i was cleaning it, but thats irrelevant. just thought it'd give you an idea of what i was working with. :toothless needless to say, it was a trash truck, and i paid too much.

so i got to work.

first things first, the engine was GUTLESS. so, i tore off the old exhaust and threw some hooker long tube headers on, along with some flowmaster 40 series mufflers. this helped spice things up a bit, but not by too much. i found out that a 4BBL carb would help out a lot, as well as a better breathing intake manifold. i did some talking with my uncle and scored a free Ford Motorsport intake from his old race car. with my luck it was the right kind; dual plane, 4BBL, all the right fittings already in place. then, a buddy of mine had three carbs his dad gave him from his old hot rodding days. we spent an afternoon tearing a Carter AFB apart, just to see what was inside, and, tactfully :smokin: , i asked him if i could have it once it was in pieces. i got that for free too :toothless

i rebuilt the carb, and knew i had something going here. i knew i had the funds. TOP END REBUILD.

within a week, i had gotten a set of heads fitted with new valves, all the machine work taken care of (for half price in return for a day of painting), and new springs. so far, i spent 130 bucks, all of which was materials involved in the rebuild of the carb and the heads.i thought it'd look nicer with lots of chrome on it, so on went the chrome!

not too shabby for 180 bucks total eh?

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
Here's a bunch of pre-restoration photos:

i look so much uglier then....

note that the speed limit sign is upside down...oops. amazing what a 1/2 wrench will do to ya when you're bored.

Hit a soft spot.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ONLY 9 VOTES?

FIRST DAY AND WE ONLY HAVE NINE VOTES?

COME ON, WE NEED ATLEAST 15-2O VOTES A DAY IN ORDER TO GET OVER 200 VOTES......

YOU GUYS BEST START 'PIMPIN THOSE Bronco's, LIKE Bear IS DOING:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 20 of 251 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.