Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yet another issue to tag to the B-ride. Still dont have any backup lights, and now I am having VSS problems. My speedo is bouncing all over the place. I replace it, still bounces. WTF???? Suggestions? Soon I will be swapping in the 9" and it doesn't even have a spot for the VSS, any suggestions how to make this thing work after that?

Joel

·
Southeast Utah Native
919 Posts
In the case of a 95, it has the sensor required for speedo/odo/transmission shift points. It also has the same 31 spline shafts & same brakes & a higher pinon. The only real plus to the 9" is the housing is one piece.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
What Steve said. You're just going to cause more problems for yourself by swapping over to a rear that is debatably no better then the 8.8. Then you run into your VSS problem which IS required for your tranny to work. Save yourself the trouble and leave your 8.8, or go with a Sterling 10.25. You could do the D60 and VSS it like Shadofax did, but you might as well just leave it if you dont plan on going above a 35" tire.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put a C6 in it, and it actually does almost what I want it too. My issue with the 8.8 is personal, I had one on my 86 in high school and bent the tubes(not supposed to jump) and it caused all kinds of problems. That is my issue with that. The VSS(on this one anyways) does the speedo, abs and did the shift points but that tranny was crap and now in the junk pile

Joel

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
I have personal issues with the 8.8 too. I've broken 2 of them in 5 years from normal use. One had pinion problems and chewed up the pinion and ring gears.

The other one chewed up the spider gears. I'll never use an 8.8 again. Strength wise it may be ok, but reliability just sucks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea pretty much, but I never intended on jumping either, just happened when I was in high school....you know....Chevrolet did it, hey can your POS Ford do it....HELL YEA. Never again, I will just sit and watch.

Joel

·
Registered
980 Posts
What transfer case do you have?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
T-case is a BW1356 and is a manual shift t-case. I have heard that you can relocate the VSS from the rearend to the t-case. Anyone ever try?

Joel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.