Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly this might be parcially because my team lost (And it was their own fault). But did anyone else thing the coverage of the game on Fox last night sucked. I guess I am just used to how ESPN and ABC coiver the games, but everything from the camera angles, to the commentary was horrible for me???

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Admittedly this might be parcially because my team lost (And it was their own fault). But did anyone else thing the coverage of the game on Fox last night sucked. I guess I am just used to how ESPN and ABC coiver the games, but everything from the camera angles, to the commentary was horrible for me???
I agree. The coverage was crappy. I have thought about watching the game again to count the number of times they showed the Kansas band with that older balding guy in the bottom right of the screen. Same camera angle and everything - not even an attempt to make it look different.

EDIT: Kansas played well - Tech did not.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I didn't see the game but I know that Monday night games have sucked to watch this year. Those three idiots in the booth need to be fired.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was almost physically sick the 4th quarter... Sure part of it could have been the beer, but I was so sad that we were beating ourselves like that...

And yes, the announcers were horrible...

I didn't see the gatorade... When it hit 40 seconds and they got the first down, the TV was off.... :eek:(

Don

-

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since there are others that agree I will state my whole case:

1. The annoncers were horrible
2. The camera angles were not very good for actually viewing what was going on
3. I laughed everytime they switched to a camera and the guy was not ready to be taping. Showed the camera going all over the place before finally getting on the action.
4. Fox piled as many commercials in there as was physically possible. Every to seconds there was another commercial.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I thought the game was GREAT! Kansas WON!... to tell you the truth I really didnt know much diffrent on the calling of the game from the box or out it was projected on the screen. I was just glad that i got to watch the game.

·
it's Dan Five Oh
687 Posts
We still don't have a passing game. Every time we play in the big times (SEC, Bowls) we don't do very well. Five yards here, nine yards there, and the occasional INT for a 90 yard TD run might do well in the Big East and ACC but that's not at the next level. I wasn't all that impressed with Kansas, either, makes me wonder what would have happen if we hadn't had those turnovers...

And maybe we need to improve our onside kick special team. I only remember us doing it successfully once in the past 15 years.

Dan
VT BS ChE '97
VT MBA '04
Ut Prosim

·
user title
2,211 Posts
You guys asking why they wouldn't let them dump water on the coach must not have SEEN the coach. Nice guy - but a little out of shape. They were probably afraid that he would have a heart attack with the shock to his system.

--
Dan - you and I were at VT at the same time. I completed my BS in '04 - and completed my MBA in Kentucky last month.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have to agree with the commentators. I guess I've gotten spoiled by the ESPN/ABC conglomerate, but they do call good games.

The way I look at it, if I can not watch the TV and still get a good idea of what is going on (much like radio) then they are good commentators.

As much as I hate to say it (I'm a K-State grad), KU has some good coaches and good play calling. It seemed like they had V-Tech's number the entire game. In Mangino's words, "They're pretty darn good."

·
Registered
966 Posts
Mangino's is a one cool coach. You really never see him get fired up you know. At anyrate. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY!... one thing to add. KU is going to be losing half there team for next season as they were all senior's, they had a great going out will see how the end up next year!

·
it's Dan Five Oh
687 Posts
Dan - you and I were at VT at the same time. I completed my BS in '04 - and completed my MBA in Kentucky last month.
Congrats on that. What's that doing for your career path? It took a couple of years before I was able to capitalize on it. But the company paid for most of it, so I was OK with that. :) I left Blacksburg a long time ago. I actually got my MBA at the Northern Virginia center in Falls Church while working full time. Made for some very long days. What's your undergrad in?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts