Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i know its not a bronco but will be fun
I have a beetle that I need some help with if anyone would like to do a build day.

Time: 10am - Finished :)

1- Front clip needs replaced. already cut most of it off

If anyone wants to help, i will supply the food and drinks and if anything else let me know.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The new front clip to go on

·
Registered
527 Posts
Since this will take place at my shop, I guess, Ill be the first to sign up.
Count me in buddy. See you in the morning.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
never mind the front clip and fenders. go with an extended front beam. give the front a hot rod look. Ditch the rear fenders too and put some bigger meats on it.

Like this:

with your panel style body would be badass.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Damn, Id be there otherwise but I got work to do for a florist who is doing flowers for my wedding. Free stuff for easy work. cant beat it. Have fun, dont get too hot

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
I'll drop by after the Dodger game

·
Registered
527 Posts
Too bad not so many replied. Unfortunate really. Some of the guys contacted me direct and suggested that they would be around later today, but I had hoped that others would have at least replied in this thread.

On the bright side, we only have to prepare steak and lobster for a few of us.

On my way to shop now pal, see you soon............

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
I would have been there but since I live on the Oregon border on the coast, I just couldn't justify the drive :histerica

Would have come if I was close. VW's have always been a passion. I've owned 2 Rabbits, 2 Bugs, 1 Super Beetle, 1 Micro-Bus, and 1 Squareback.

Am currently lookin for another bug for a project after my planned metric bobber.

Good luck man and post lots of pics :thumbup

·
Registered
527 Posts
So, I'll give this a go. I only took a few pics, but can contribute to the thread a little.

After a bit of thought we came up with a plan to transfer the cut line to the new clip, and we started cutting. Once we reached the point of no return, we put the two pieces together and crossed our fingers.

Better to be lucky than good I always say........

Looks like precision to me, but I have to be honest, none of us really knew how this thing was gonna fit. With some good fortune, it fit like a glove, and unless you actually knew where it was welded, its quite difficult to tell.

The finished product was impressive and clean.

Glad to have helped out on this one. I learned quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nice looks good....

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
Another SH0P success story, I went by after the Game and it was done and gone

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
so how is the 1UNQ VW these days besides the front damage.

Holy $h1t! It's Cymon!

How the hell are you man?! Where have you been? You've been missin out on some epic awesomeness. :toothless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts