Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
yeah I saw this posted the other day. at least you got to run it unlike myself.

·
Registered
677 Posts
damn and to think i just got done reading an "offroad" article on some groups banning togather to keep sites open.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You have to fight fire with fire...if they are going to band together and buy up the wheelin property...4x4 enthusiasts will have to do the same thing to keep it open.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
But that dont matter!

If they claim that your property is home to an endangered plant or animal, guess what? No trail use! Even if they go to court and lose, you still cant use the land while youre in court fighting it. So if it takes two years to prove 'em wrong, then its offlimits for those two years.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats a good point rept, I dunno what you can do about that. I am curious if anyone knew that the land was for sale before it was sold.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Jaxboro said:
Thats a good point rept, I dunno what you can do about that. I am curious if anyone knew that the land was for sale before it was sold.
No, at least no one like BRC or USA-ALL, they woulda been monitoring it REAL close if so.

I think it was School Trust Land. They werent' trying to sell it, but accepted when approached.

Overall I think the "land grab" situation is crappy. Sure, we can buy it up, but then who oversees it? Do we turn it into a park and charge an entrance fee? That could be ok, but soon we'll have patchwork of private greenie land vs 'wheeler land..... and that just doesn't appeal to me.

I like to "get out" on the trail and go explore for miles and miles on public lands. I'm just not excited about paying to get into a little "park" and have little boundaries, kinda like Avalanche Ranch. But that 'tis the future of 'wheeling me thinks.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I like to "get out" on the trail and go explore for miles and miles on public lands. I'm just not excited about paying to get into a little "park" and have little boundaries, kinda like Avalanche Ranch. But that 'tis the future of 'wheeling me thinks.
thats all i have to deal with around here.
it sucks, but it works, atleast i know my regular wheeling ground wont close on me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts