Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's critically important that every gun owner and enthusiast get involved to help strike down this insane piece of legislation that somehow got passed onto every citizen of Washington State. I-1639 took irresponsible and unconstitutional liberties with our Gun Rights as American Citizens and rather than wait for some poor bastard to get caught up in the legal meat grinder, we call our justice system and have to fight this madness on his or her own to show how unconstitutional it actually is, we all need to stand up and put a stop to this ridiculous and pathetic attempt at a literal "Gun Grab" by the liberals in our state.

If you're not already aware of this legislation... do yourself, your loved ones and every other law abiding citizen of this state a favor and look it up for yourself. I-1639 redefined the previously ambiguous term "Assault Rifle" to include every semi-automatic rifle ever produced, from the ridiculously over hyped AR-15, right down to the Chipmunk .22 rifle I've owned and used since I was 8 years old. This alone is one of the most dangerous pieces of the intiiative, because it legally redefines the previously laughable definition of what an Assault Rifle actually means and you can bet your last bullet that it will be used in many other cases and instances across our nation, if we allow it to continue to exist. I-1639 has also increased the age of legal gun ownership to 21 years old and it's included a requirement to store all legally owned firearms under some undefined, state approved type of security system that can be legally enforced, although many LEO's have questioned how they're even supposed to enforce this nonsensical requirement of what we do with our firearms in the safety and solitude of your own homes. If your firearm is stolen from your home without your knowledge, approval or participation... you can and will be held legally liable for whatever crime that gun may be used in, in the unforeseeable future. These are just a few of the unconstitutional requirements being forced on us, as residents of this out of control state.

Take a few minutes to look up the legislation for yourself and then, I am asking that you join me in finding the nearest location to sign the petition to put this garbage piece of legislation where it belongs, in the trash. I am providing a link provided to me this morning, as a result of me signing up on the petition at "Change.ORG". Online petitions are great to gather momentum and organize the will of the people but to date, they are not legally binding. So we need to track down petitions like this in our local areas and physically sign them, as registered voters in WA State. To that end... I am providing a link that lists all the locations in WA State to find and sign this petition to shut down I-1639 below.

Petition Update page on CHANGE.ORG: https://www.change.org/p/voters-repeal-i-1639/u/25319881?cs_tk=AoNVBzABCWAGAFwdyF0AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvLOk5Dwando9CGBb0KBoc9M=&utm_campaign=b7a2fcf2080b4e898e51f9600cf98a87&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs

Google Docs Spreadsheet with all currently listed locations to find and sign the petition: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HLgAZDPbR39Rpw6kPyr9XSJq23wJiWQpTnxvNP4fqYA/htmlview#gid=0

This information is shared by a concerned member of FSB and is NOT any commercial or affiliated type of message. I'm just a fellow Bronco nut who values our constitutional rights. Thank you all for your interest and hopefully, your participation.

·
Premium Member
35,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody in WA. get this? Did I mention... you can't sell a gun to your own nephew without a WA state background check? No, I didn't but I should have. We recently lost a gun dealer in our town. The background BS is such a hassle now, he said "screw this sh!t" packed up his store and moved 15 minutes away, across the Idaho border. If I didn't own land here, I'd consider joining him.

Took my Dad down this afternoon and we signed. Told my lil' lady and she not only signed up on her lunch but now she's sharing it with anyone who might be interested, coming through her work. She works at the Post Office, so that's pretty much everyone in town. Are you doing your part? Have you signed up yet?
If you haven't... would a carbon-fiber foot against your ass help? I'm available for motivational appearances.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A similar bill was passed here in Oregon. what happened? Local sheriffs refused to "waste recources" and have pettioned the state that thier counties wont participate. what does this mean for me as a private gun owner,? It means I can still sell my gun to whom ever I want, because in oregon, there isnt any such thing as a registered fire arm. A brand new gun is sold by an FFL holder to an individual, and the paperwork sits in his safe for 15 years where it is then shipped to a fedral warehouse in rhode island to get lost with every other gun registered a crossed the nation. the only time a gun is tracked is when its been known to commit a crime and then the FBI builds tne database on the said firearm in question.

So my point is, dont just sign this petition, go and set up a meeting with your local sheriff, and make a town hall meating about it. there isnt a higher law enforcement than your local sheriff, not state police, not fbi, not even the national gaurd.

·
Premium Member
35,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not the guy any law enforcement officers or stewards of local, county or state government will listen too. You can take that to the bank.
We've had similar situations with Sheriff's in WA denounce the legislation as unconstitutional, refusing to enforce and even going so far as to declare their city a gun rights sanctuary. I couldn't ask for a better example of how jacked up a piece of legislation is than having law enforcement refuse to enforce a law because it's in direct conflict to their sworn oath to the state constitution. I was disappointed our newly elected Sheriff wasn't one of them.

I had no idea Oregon was more conservative than Washington, when it comes to anything... much less firearms. Will wonders never cease?
Not so sure I'd take anyone's word on the process you explain though. Seems awfully far fetched in this day and age.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pepe, I dummied down how the fire arms are traced, but was told by an ATF agent who was inspecting me for my initial class 2 FFL, that I had to hold onto the background check paperwork for x amount of years before destroying it, then the actual gun paperwork I was to hold onto for a few years longer before forfeiting it to my local ATF office where it would be sent to the warehouse for use if and when needed. When my business folded, I had to destroy the background check files and turn all other documents into my sheriff who then had to unregister my license and then send all documents to the ATF.

·
Premium Member
35,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a dazzling combination of casual hoops to jump through. Better but... yesh.

I recently heard of 3 new proposals by WA AG, on of which bans the sale of all "Assault Rifles" in WA state. So... as long as the previous BS legislation stays in place with it's dastardly definition, sale of ALL SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLES will be BANNED in WA STATE.

I'm living on the border of a state of insanity. I really can't even understand how these unconstitutional laws are being passed, much less allowed to remain in place.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What a dazzling combination of casual hoops to jump through. Better but... yesh.

I recently heard of 3 new proposals by WA AG, on of which bans the sale of all "Assault Rifles" in WA state. So... as long as the previous BS legislation stays in place with it's dastardly definition, sale of ALL SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLES will be BANNED in WA STATE.

I'm living on the border of a state of insanity. I really can't even understand how these unconstitutional laws are being passed, much less allowed to remain in place.
Looks like it’s time to move a little south or better yet East

·
Premium Member
35,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trust me... there's one legality that's keeping me in this whack-job state, otherwise I'd have bought across the state line in the first place.
Besides, I lost all my guns years ago in that bizarre hang-gliding accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts