Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just like the title says I wanna do the 3G swap but I don't know how to ? I know I need an 3G alternator what else do I need ? I have an 93 302 efi please don't say go look at this post I'm more of a hands on type of guy i cant just read stuff and do it lol so if you could just give me the parts list and a how to that would be great

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
/\ what he said.

The only way to get your hands dirty is to go in and tackle it...esp if you don't want to read the threads with all the info on it. Read up, ask questions, hands dirty, then ask more questions if problems arise.

There are literally threads for this install step by step

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 92 bronco w/ a 302 and I did the 3G swap and I got the 160 amp and that was more than enough juice since I only have a few add ons. It was fairly easy to install too! You just need to go on fireguys page and read up on it!

·
Registered
242 Posts
It isn't really hard, believe me. Make sure you try to score a 175 amp mega-fuse out of a late 90's F150 if you see one. It has the wires all connected to the the fuse from the alt for charging. I just grabbed it and said it was part of the charging harness, which it is :)

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Placed a recent order online from your website. Order # 3090. I made my order based on the info i saw you posted, since i didnt get a response from an email i sent via you website's contact us email page or my call....that was around a week ago.

This is for an 1992-96 5.0L or 5.8L
Side Mount 160Amp 3G
and these accessories
2-1/4in - 6-rib Serp Pulley
Alternator Charge Cable Kit
I have a 92 5.8 351w. Looking at the alternator in my truck it doesn't look like a side mount.

Here is a pic of the alternator I have in there now.

This is for an 1992-96 5.0L or 5.8L
Side Mount 160Amp 3G
and these accessories
2-1/4in - 6-rib Serp Pulley
Alternator Charge Cable Kit

Tried PM'ing you also but you arent accepting PM's

Am I wrong about the what i have? Please advise.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Placed a recent order online from your website. Order # 3090. I made my order based on the info i saw you posted, since i didnt get a response from an email i sent via you website's contact us email page....that was around a week ago.

I have a 92 5.8 351w. Looking at the alternator in my truck it doesn't look like a side mount.

Here is a pic of the alternator I have in there now.

Tried PM'ing you also but you arent accepting PM's

Am I wrong about the what i have? Please advise.
To me that looks like the same one in my 90 FSB XLT. I did mine with this one: http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/collections/alternators/products/alt-7778.

I also suggest getting the charge cable kit and the new pully. Note, you will need to cut away a piece of the mounting braket because hte 3G is wider then the 2G, the instructions are posted in an earliar response above.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I got the pulley and the charging cable... but looks like i got the wrong alternator. Not exactly happy.....tried to contact him a couple of times before i ordered and a few times after my order and i have no response from him.

To me that looks like the same one in my 90 FSB XLT. I did mine with this one: http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/collections/alternators/products/alt-7778.

I also suggest getting the charge cable kit and the new pully. Note, you will need to cut away a piece of the mounting braket because hte 3G is wider then the 2G, the instructions are posted in an earliar response above.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts