Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(NOT dial-up friendly) turn back now

I took some photos today and wanted to post them in case any of you were board and wanted to pick out wierd sh!t on my truck.

first and foremost,

here is a picture of that thing next to my coil w/ the cut wire, hope its not important:toothless
:toothless

my fancy fuel line guard and see thru filter

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Holy bad wiring job Batman! :duh

That little thingy next ot the coil is th radio capictor. It is suposed to stop the coil from making the radio staticy.

You might want to buy a solder gun and fix that bad wiring.
You're about 3 months from the coil wiring falling apart :banghead

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the wiring is a mess I bought a crap load of wire, terminals and fuses off JC whitney to redo everything but its so freakin overwhelming I dont even know where to start:mad:

but check these out

actually neither of those do the chaos in the cab any justice but its a real fawk pot on the inside to

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as far as the coil wires go, one goes to the battery where does the other go? and where does the radio thing plug into?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
DeepSeaSnake said:
yeah the wiring is a mess I bought a crap load of wire, terminals and fuses off JC whitney to redo everything but its so freakin overwhelming I dont even know where to start:mad:

actually neither of those do the chaos in the cab any justice but its a real fawk pot on the inside to
A bit of advise.....

Start with the battery / alternator / charging circuits.
Then move to the power distribution (you might want to add a single large fuse block under the hood if you have lots of features and add on's. Pick a underhood fuse box out of a junk yard)

Once thats done work on the engine compartment, then move to the rear of the truck. replace any bad grounds and make sure the tail lights are good and LEGAL!

Once you have that good base to work from you can work on the interior. You don';t want to keep redoing circuits each time you do womething, so plan in advance. Make room for power and gounds.

Oh don't use cheepo crap like whats on your truck or what JC whimpy sells

DeepSeaSnake said:
as far as the coil wires go, one goes to the battery where does the other go? and where does the radio thing plug into?
It plugs into the neg wire on the coil, redo that circuit soon, but start with that list above!

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
Ryan, not doubting you but doesn't the radip capacitor plug into the positive side of the coil, that is where mine is on my 351w

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
i_alone said:
Ryan, not doubting you but doesn't the radip capacitor plug into the positive side of the coil, that is where mine is on my 351w
Uh, yeah I ment positive :toothless

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
OMG!! Did you just buy that truck? Holy hell! Do you drive it often, or is it a project truck? Man, I'd gut that thing and start from scratch. Love the decal over the tail light!:thumbup It's a nice touch.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I guess all my pics got deleted by a bug @ superford so Ill be getting them back shortly:shrug
jerry 1 a b
OMG!! Did you just buy that truck? Holy hell! Do you drive it often, or is it a project truck? Man, I'd gut that thing and start from scratch. Love the decal over the tail light! It's a nice touch.
yeah I've been driving it but not alot Ive got a cheby s10 I roll around in. I just got the bronc but Im a real stranger to the electric stuff so I just need chug through the hanyes but sometimes it makes me wanna howl at the moon and run on all fours.

Fireguy, thanks for the link thats gonna help. I was just gonna use 16guage on everything is that okay or no? and I just bought a butt load of wire off JCW is it no good? where should I have gotten it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you don't want to see it, it's a crime agianst Broncos
:goodfinge
hey come on now! you cant just cut the sick ones loose, we gotta take em in and nourish them tell their strong again, you gotta look at this like a rescue mission not like old yeller.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
:twak not the Bronco
The previos owner that did that to the truck needs his masterbation arm cut off :enforce

·
gone fish'n
23,563 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
Holy bad wiring job Batman! :duh

That little thingy next ot the coil is th radio capictor. It is suposed to stop the coil from making the radio staticy.

I agree that thing needs some wiring loving.

as far as the condensor for the radio I threw mine out. unnecessary weight :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts