Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Not this guy...

In my opinion, the new "Bronco" is just gonna be a H3 with a Ford logo and Bronco label slapped on it.

Since '78, the Bronco has been a shortened F-100 or F-150 with full frame with the exception of the bed area.

What they are going to produce is not really gonna be a Bronco....

:2cent

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
In the words of Bob Dylan.. "Oh the times, they are a changin'." It still has my interest piqued, but I need to see it in person first. I would also prefer that they stick closer to a more truck-like Bronco, but im afraid that's not necessarily going to be the case. Im sure its going to cost a pretty penny as well.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Why can't we get something like this? Sick of Toyotas just kicking the crap out of Fords... but these things last forever. Maybe a little beefier with a removable top. This is what the competition is putting out for the same customers. Yes.... less than $40,000 would be nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not this guy...

In my opinion, the new "Bronco" is just gonna be a H3 with a Ford logo and Bronco label slapped on it.

Since '78, the Bronco has been a shortened F-100 or F-150 with full frame with the exception of the bed area.

Heck, wouldn't this one being built on the Ranger frame basically make it a Bronco II?

·
I ♥ TTB
4,191 Posts
Not really because the new Ranger frame is much larger than the rangers of recent past, we have pics comparing the new ranger to a bricknose and a newer f150 in another thread...

·
i just made a poopy
112 Posts
Probably eventually. Depends. Waiting for a Baja edition or something....they'll probably call or the raptor bronco.

Wish they would do a turbo diesel edition but that's the longest of long shots.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,424 Posts
I still don't believe they're going to make a "Bronco"..

for everything that you can say about a Jeep, at least the product has stayed pretty consistent, albeit with improvements..not expecting that whatever Ford trots out to be even remotely close to something I'd consider buying..if it is I'll happily eat my words..:thumbup

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll be shopping for a DD next year. If Ford let's me down with a watered down rendition of the Bronco then I don't know what to buy. I hate crossovers. I do like the 4Runner but man everyone's got one and they are damn expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
Seems you can’t touch anything decent for less than 70 grand thees days so it will be priced accordingly. I like the Audi or Mercedes coup, maybe someday if I win the lottery LOL. I like the Ford SD but it is 100 grand like holy crap I could build a house for that. I just don’t understand how anyone can afford a new vehicle thees days, unless gas attendants make 400 grand a year now and I did not know it? Of course minimum wage is going to 20 bucks an hour over a 5 year period now so yeah the dollar is worth squat now.

·
Super Moderator
14,424 Posts
I'll be shopping for a DD next year. If Ford let's me down with a watered down rendition of the Bronco then I don't know what to buy. I hate crossovers. I do like the 4Runner but man everyone's got one and they are damn expensive.
I went with the 4Runner..been very happy with it..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Back when I still fixed cars and trucks for a living full time I used to catch some flak from older guys about my tendency to recommend oriental brands because of their build quality and reliability. Now that is well known to be true. Sadly, most of those old guys are dead now....used to know an old guy who was in the Bataan Death March...pretty sure he would never buy a Jap product,...wouldn’t blame ‘im...but time goes by. My dad had a ‘78 dodge truck, maybe ‘79. Nothing but trouble, burnt valves and crappy carburetor and crappy everything...finally he got a Toyota and I didn’t have to be helping him constantly... that old guy who called Metric things ugly names , (silly #%*¥€ millimeters),( and worse ), finally had an older vehicle he could afford that wasn’t constantly broken. He tought me SO much about dealing with messed-up threads and broken bolt extraction and just plain sitting back and relaxing when you’re stumped with a problem and just have a cigarette and think instead of doing something irreversible...miss him sometimes...

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I don't think they're going to be affordable enough to be worth buying one. Just like the new Jeep trucks, they are saying they are "PURPOSELY" charging an extra premium price for them when they come out, simply because they can. It's a Truck now so they can charge more. Just like all trucks now have more than doubled in price over the past few years.

2 recent examples I know of:

My BIL was truck shopping and went to the Chevy Dealer. He was looking at a the model he usually buys and nearly crapped his pants at the price. He said there was a brand new, nearly loaded Corvette sitting next to it that was $15,000.00 cheaper. He asked the salesman why he could buy a Corvette for so much less than a work truck and the salesman's response:
"More women are driving Trucks now. We can charge more for them since they are better equipped like cars."

A Doctor I work with, just the other showed me his New, fully equipped Ford Raptor he just bought. He was going to trade in his 08 F250 and buy another F250 to replace it but decided to get the Raptor instead because it cost just as much as the F250 would have.

If the new Bronco comes in under $40K in any trim level, I will be greatly surprised.

One more from me. I bought my 08 Ram Megacab new. Special Ordered from the dealer. Cost me about $34,000. Awhile back I went on the build and price website to build as close to my truck now,............

$87,532.00

Before delivery. I'll probably never buy another new truck ever again.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Do ya'll know a guy by the name of Ben Dover????? He helps out a lot on New Truck sales for all Brands.... Why you may ask??? Because he can!!!!

·
Bronco Master
569 Posts
I’m looking forward to the Bronco, but realistically I probably won’t fit in the ranger chassis version. I’m debating a Raptor as my daily driver, but only the extra cab short bed model, not a crew cab version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not this guy...

H3... now they want to revive Hummer as it seems, this time it will be electric. After the H1 I stopped paying attention. If the H2 and H3 were turds I don't see why the next one won't: Electric Hummer Discussed As Future Off-Roader From GM . At this rate Toyota will release an FJ that puts any new Bronco to shame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If Ford doesn't drop the ball here like they did with the 'new' Ranger, sure.
Right now no one, and I mean NO ONE, knows a single solid fact about the new Bronco. Its all speculation, much of it disappointing, the rest a bunch of click bait from automotive blogs.
Till we see some concrete information I'm not on board, unless there's something I don't know.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If it's any decent my wife will trade her 16' AWD Fusion Titanium in for one.
Not going to jump on it right away, I stay away from the first few years of anything new - hoping there will be a 2 door 5.0 model down the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts