Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building a two tire carrier for my bronco. Setting bronco up as an all terrain expedition vehicle. Never built one before nor can I build it myself. Basically gonna draw it up and give to someone who can. Need ideas and suggestions. Thank you in advance.

-broncosaurus

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also want to put gas cans on custom front bumper. I want to put two but only concern is cooling problems. Does anyone think I can get away with it without cooling problems.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Install an electric fan and you won't have cooling problems because a powerful fan will force air from around the gas cans back into the radiator. What type of tire carrier are you going to build. You can't use the stock mounting points...they're too weak. Are you going to build a rear bumper and swing arm tire carrier? Or maybe a dual swing arm?? Any other kind of rear tire carreir will always be in the way some where some how unless you're building an off road racer.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
It seems to me that the really easiest and best solution would be to install a cargo rack ontop of the bronco and put the tiire/tires up there.

The only disadvantage would be the extra 5 or so inches of height on top of the truck.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It seems to me that the really easiest and best solution would be to install a cargo rack ontop of the bronco and put the tiire/tires up there.

The only disadvantage would be the extra 5 or so inches of height on top of the truck.
5" with the rack and tires combined? What kind of tires are you running?

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
5" with the rack and tires combined? What kind of tires are you running?

Oh yeah, I guess i'm tired haha.

What's a usual tire width for the monster things guys run off-road,

12,13 inches wide? or if flat ontop a bronco, it would add about a foot to the top of your truck?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't really want roof rack. May reconsider after I do more research on carrier. Bronco is gonna be half pre runner half rock crawler. I was thinking barn door type carrier built off where bumper bolts to. And yes a separate carrier from custom bumper. I don't have stock mounting for carrier on my bronco for.some reason.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Don't really want roof rack. May reconsider after I do more research on carrier. Bronco is gonna be half pre runner half rock crawler. I was thinking barn door type carrier built off where bumper bolts to. And yes a separate carrier from custom bumper. I don't have stock mounting for carrier on my bronco for.some reason.
Many Broncos came with an internal tire carrier and no swing arm. When you are ready let me know by PM. Might be able to help you with something.:thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts