Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 50oz balance 164 tooth flywheel for a 5.0 . I have a 164 tooth 28oz balance 351w flywheel and a flex plate for c-6 50oz balance . Let me know if you have one you want to get ride of, or want to trade . Thanks
oh yeah im in virginia 23692

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
massbronco said:
are there dif. flywheels for a 5.0? reason im asking is i have a parts bronco with a 5.0 and im not goin to be using it.
As far as I know , the imbalance is different. from 1981 and on the 5.0 used a 50 oz imbalance and from read on here the 5.8 has a 28 oz imbalance . What type of tranny does that bronc have in it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
massbronco said:
oh that wont work for me i need one for a clutch
thanks for takin the time to look though

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought mine new at O'rieleys. Ask for a flywheel for an 88 5.0 F-150 5 speed. Its 164 tooth 50 oz imbalance 11" drilled for the hydraulic style (diaphram) clutch

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr. Pink said:
I bought mine new at O'rieleys. Ask for a flywheel for an 88 5.0 F-150 5 speed. Its 164 tooth 50 oz imbalance 11" drilled for the hydraulic style (diaphram) clutch
If there was one around here i would givem a try, I bought one from advanced auto parts and had to order it and pay shipping , got it and it was warped something terrible .They returned the part but i had to eat shipping. Then my next stop was autozone . 30 minutes later and a 16 yo kid trying to show me how to bolt a clutch to a flexplate for a C6 i left. I just dont have good luck with the parts houses around here

·
Registered
250 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts