Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time finding cheap parts for my BKO to do a SAS and dont like the ttb d44 so i am going to sell it. Before I sell it I need to put a tranny in it all I have is a big block c6 so I will put the 400 I have in it too. What do I need to buy for this swap? It is a 91 5.0 HO(from mustang I put it in and drove it 250 mi. before trans crapped out.) 4x4 e4od 3.54 ttb d44 3L.55 8.8. I know the stock fuel pump needs to be bypassed to allow the block side pump pull fuel. I am pretty sure I will need motor mounts and a trans mount. I already have belts and accessories on it to include p/s and a/c. Will the radiator and hoses i just bought work with this engine? will my drive shafts work? Please let me know if I missed anything.:banghead:whiteflag

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
it will never pass any sort of emissions test if you do that. not to mention all the issues of the swap. Why not just get a junk yard E4 and put it in there and sell it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
it will never pass any sort of emissions test if you do that. not to mention all the issues of the swap. Why not just get a junk yard E4 and put it in there and sell it.
Fla has no emmisions but i still dont understand the original question...might be the beer...but i dont think so ..

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
so because florida has no emissions your going to screw the next guy whom might want to take it to another state?

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
I am having a hard time finding cheap parts for my BKO to do a SAS and dont like the ttb d44 so i am going to sell it. Before I sell it I need to put a tranny in it all I have is a big block c6 so I will put the 400 I have in it too. What do I need to buy for this swap? It is a 91 5.0 HO(from mustang I put it in and drove it 250 mi. before trans crapped out.) 4x4 e4od 3.54 ttb d44 3L.55 8.8. I know the stock fuel pump needs to be bypassed to allow the block side pump pull fuel. I am pretty sure I will need motor mounts and a trans mount. I already have belts and accessories on it to include p/s and a/c. Will the radiator and hoses i just bought work with this engine? will my drive shafts work? Please let me know if I missed anything.:banghead:whiteflag
Swapping in a 400 and C6 is a whole lot more work and money than just replacing the E4OD with another used unit.

Nothing interchanges with a 302 and 400. You'll have to redo both driveshafts as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
im with those guys.... itll be infinitely cheaper and easier to buy a used E4OD... craigslist, junkyard etc... beware of craigslist unless you can drive it, then pull it... salvage yards will at least give you another one ifn that one dont work...

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys I have been looking for a used one, apparently every one thinks it is made out of gold! the cheapest i have found is $650 for a used one with 190k on it the one i found with 76k on it is $1200. The cheaper one doesnt include the $250 torque converter and mine is crap. however I have the 400 and c6 here. I would really like to get a granny 4 ,clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and the entire clutch pedal assy., but people are proud of them too! I am probably just going to sell the damn thing for about half of what I have in it! I wont be putting the c6 in dont feel like making d-shafts. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
331 Posts
wow here in dfw I have seen an engine and tranny for $350, seen the trannys for $250 ranges... sorry man..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nah

I have a 89 that came with a 5.0 and auto trans. Im just swapped a 400 in mine and just need to tie it all together. Im using stock engine mounts, stock transmission mount, in stock location, and driveshafts are stock. You'll probably need new radiator hoses, unless you use the radiator that came with the engine.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I have a 89 that came with a 5.0 and auto trans. Im just swapped a 400 in mine and just need to tie it all together. Im using stock engine mounts, stock transmission mount, in stock location, and driveshafts are stock. You'll probably need new radiator hoses, unless you use the radiator that came with the engine.
what transmission you use?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well guys I have been looking for a used one, apparently every one thinks it is made out of gold! the cheapest i have found is $650 for a used one with 190k on it the one i found with 76k on it is $1200. The cheaper one doesnt include the $250 torque converter and mine is crap. however I have the 400 and c6 here. I would really like to get a granny 4 ,clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and the entire clutch pedal assy., but people are proud of them too! I am probably just going to sell the damn thing for about half of what I have in it! I wont be putting the c6 in dont feel like making d-shafts. Thanks for your opinions.
go to ebay and buy a rebuild kit, shift kit, and also a torque converter and do it yourself. It's not as hard as it sounds and you can have a new rebuild trans for under 500$ if you play your cards rights. Just my .02.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for the time it has been since i posted ( laptop crapped out too! Hard drive) but I traded my motorcycle today for a used e4od fluid looks good came out of an f250 with 114k on it will try to install this weekend.

·
Registered
710 Posts
go to ebay and buy a rebuild kit, shift kit, and also a torque converter and do it yourself. It's not as hard as it sounds and you can have a new rebuild trans for under 500$ if you play your cards rights. Just my .02.
what he said... only waaayyy under 500 bucks. I rebuilt my 4r100 for less than that.

too bad you traded your bike off already... In the future don't be scared of an automatic transmission, those transmission shops are crooks and pirates...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts