Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my 351w sound more aggressive. Can I just install a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler? Is it worth installing? Also, is it hard to install? No y-pipe, catback, straight pipes, etc. Just the $90 muffler with my stock exhaust.
Thanks!

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
I want to make my 351w sound more aggressive. Can I just install a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler? Is it worth installing? Also, is it hard to install? No y-pipe, catback, straight pipes, etc. Just the $90 muffler with my stock exhaust.
Thanks!
ooooor you can just cut of the muffler, Cat's make great mufflers already

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
if you run just the cat there is no performance gain, just louder. the flowmaster will give you good exhaust note but may give a drone when you are cruising at a strady speed.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
It's soooooo hard not to flame....

If all you want is noise, cut your muffler and cats, weld in a 3" pipe with a turn down before the rear tire. This will save you $90 of the muffler and give you lots of (crappy) noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies.
Isn't cutting the muffler illegal? And dangerous since the fumes are being poured out underneath the car? Also, I don't want it that loud. Thanks.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,435 Posts
No cutting the muffler is not illegal (at least in VA) . Just put a pipe to replace the muffler. Run it before or after the rear tires to the side. Just dont run the pipes out the back of the bumper (fumes in the cab when you roll down the back window). Here is a few videos you can hear my no muffler exhaust:

My setup on my 351w:

Y- pipe off the headers.

Magnaflow cat

Y-pipe where the Muffler was

Pipes out both sides

Video:

Sounds good IMO so just some ideas for ya. :rockon

·
Registered
731 Posts
It is NOT LEGAL to remove and not replace your muffler with an EPA approved aftermarket or stock muffler, check EPA tampering laws.

I hate Flowmasters, after checking them out I think my next muffler purchase will be Spin Tech or Dynomax.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
im sorry but no muffler just sounds awful... You can get the exact same sound by just letting your muffler rot out, then it'll sound like every back woods country truck...

·
Registered
224 Posts
A chambered muffler like the flowmaster gives the engine such a nice tone. Running no mufflers out of the cat doesn't really have that nice throaty sound and flat out sounds like crap. Watching the video above it seems like it only makes noise when the driver presses the gas...just horrible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts