Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF anyone is gettin rid of a 351 ECM and EFI harness.....Contact me....everywhere i go in this area has butchered harnesses and/or no ECMs...someone HELP!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 87 bronco....im making a 351w with a longer connecting rod setup to bump the power up on it.Everything harness and ECMwise i need is for a 351....Fireguy....tell me what you can do for me...want power and mpg, not power and gpm....also let me know what else im goin to need to convert over to efi....im new to this and i want to make sure i do it right the first time

as for you 84excursion....would 200 be too little?make me an offer?does the goods work?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
I'm confused and not an engine builder. Doesn't that lenghten the stroke and increass the displacment :confused: :shrug
Or is it just higher compresion now? :shrug :confused:

You got an intake / throttle body?
Camshaft specs?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just bumps the compression up....no cam yet,no throttle body, no intake...right now just workin on the essentials, the engine and fuel delivery.....what happens is with the longer rod ratio...it keeps the piston at the top to dwell a bit longer if i am correct making the combustion cycle burn more of the fuel completely..if i am correct as well...theoretically this should help with emissions as long as the fuel mixture is right as well

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
huh :confused:
well if it's still 351 then you can get that EEC and harness from 84excursion, but :brownbag 200 is a little high in my book.
Not that I want to tell the seller / buyer how to shop :D.....
But The most expensive used comptuer is off a Mustang and sells for $125 used. My Brand new EFI harnesses cost $475 retail.
Used 351 computers are typically $10 - $75
Used Harnesses are $25-100.

If my services are needed to alter the harness let me know :thumbup

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fireguy.....its alright...i think i lost you in the engines thing....all i really need is a EFI harness and a ECM from a 351 ford truck...you find em that cheap? id love to find the yards you are hunting around in...JERSEY sucks when it comes to Boneyard prices....and the butchery is ridiculous!!if you can do anything for me about a harness and ecm for a 351 motor...please let me know though...and since you are the "EFI GURU"....ill ask a couple questions while they are fresh in my head....a mass air conversion harness adapts into the speed density harness, or am i wrong?and your new EFI harness, where did you purchase it ?I saw a harness setup out of summit racings online catalog...but im not sure if thats all i need to run the efi setup or not...do i need a body harness as well for it ?what are all the harnesses that i need to run it?

feel free to slap me in the head if i am not makin sense

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
i0n said:
fireguy.....its alright...i think i lost you in the engines thing....all i really need is a EFI harness and a ECM from a 351 ford truck...you find em that cheap? id love to find the yards you are hunting around in...JERSEY sucks when it comes to Boneyard prices....and the butchery is ridiculous!!if you can do anything for me about a harness and ecm for a 351 motor...please let me know though...and since you are the "EFI GURU"....
I think 84excursion would have your fastest EFI fix, as I've sold all my computers. I'll have to go back out in the junk yard.
The prices I mentioned aren't local. Those are the standard on eBay, any more and it would be better to buy a NEW computer in my book.

i0n said:
ill ask a couple questions while they are fresh in my head....a mass air conversion harness adapts into the speed density harness, or am i wrong?
A quality Mass Air conversion should have a complete harness, not just an adpator.

i0n said:
and your new EFI harness, where did you purchase it? I saw a harness setup out of summit racings online catalog...but im not sure if thats all i need to run the efi setup or not...do i need a body harness as well for it ?what are all the harnesses that i need to run it?
:lolup I am the manufacturer of the harnesses :lolup
My harnesses: http://fordfuelinjection.com/products.html retails for $475 + options. My site compairs all the other harnesses to mine, which is superior in every way. :D
You should never need a second harness, my EFI harness connect to the body harness with as little as 1 wire to make it run.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have yards around me at least every 5 miles or so...thats newjersey for ya....waste,people who cant drive,high prices and JUNK

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also looking for a 5.8L harness and computer from an 88' F-150 and a 5-speed. I'm swapping that motor into my B2. Should be nice with the 2.9 x 2....hehe funny that it is 5.8.

Thanks

Pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts