Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,671 Posts
Spindles are the same for auto or manual hubs. Let me check, I may have a spare spindle laying around.

does yours look like the one on the right?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the one on the right. I just bought one a few months ago and the inner wheel bearing wont fit on the spindle. Checked with a few parts stores and they are all saying if it came from the factory with auto hubs the inner wheel bearing is smaller the outter bearing is the same so the spindles should be different. I will try to get a measurement off of the original where the inner bearing sits I just want to make sure I get the right one thanks.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,671 Posts
Sounds like it was the wrong bearing than if it didn't fit. You are correct that the inner and outer wheel bearings have different diameters, but as far as I know there is no difference between manual and auto hub spindles or hubs, so the bearings should be completely interchangeable. FYI, when I still had my TTB, I swapped out my auto hubs with manual ones and used the same spindles.

Looks like the one on the right. I just bought one a few months ago and the inner wheel bearing wont fit on the spindle. Checked with a few parts stores and they are all saying if it came from the factory with auto hubs the inner wheel bearing is smaller the outter bearing is the same so the spindles should be different. I will try to get a measurement off of the original where the inner bearing sits I just want to make sure I get the right one thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.