Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:toothless is right.

I'm going to turn my rig into a late model version of Mike Massey's rig. A Bronco frame and guts with a truck body and a flat bed.

I've been thinking about it for a while and after I saw his rig in Moab I know it's the way I want to go.

But what will I call it...a Trucko...a Bruncko...I don't know...

...any help on a name for this Frankenstein beast to come?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BadassBronco said:
why not just cut/weld the bronco cab up? like a lot of BII guys do?
Your answer is in the question. That's a very BII guy thing to do.

Actually I pondered that notion for a while but after seeing Mike's set up I now know what I must do. Plus I'd really like to get rid of all the sheet metal behind usable cab space. Which will alow me to move the gas tank up and push the the rear axle back about 6". Plus my current body started life in the great white North so I have a few rust problems. I think I'm the only person in AZ with rust problems. On top of that the rain gutter cracks on the B pillar have turned into gapping holes.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
nah, i mean cab it with sheetmetal and a window, then remove the rest!
theres a nice 94ish extended cab thats stripped and sitting on a pallet at the local junlyard that i get shit cheap at right now....

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My body is starting to rust away. I'll need to replace lagre portions of it if I were to keep it and there are some spots that can't be 100% repaired like the B pillars. The pas. side has a 4" V shape crack and the dr. side is starting to catch up to it. On top of that the doors won't open if my axle's are crossed up. The body is just toast.

-BTW...That rig is 100% bad a$$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts