Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm blacking out Tammi's Bronco and I need a pair of black power mirrors, would also like to find a set of the fiberglass steps and tube -type bumper from a lightning pick-up :rebelflag

·
user title
2,211 Posts
What year is the bronco you are blacking out?

I am not SURE, but can't you just heat and remove the "chrome" from the stock mirrors? :shrug - and I think the only time power mirrors were in black were in certain models, I don't think they were overly common.

:beer
Bill

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts
Oh come on risk it. I got my black manual mirrors New off Ebay for under $70.
You could swap the covers and re-sell them

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
i had to replace my mirror when some kid broke it, i had the crome ones, went to blackm, you cant replace just the glass, you have to buy a whole new one

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The black power mirrors are available in the $65 each range and up. I was just hoping to find a set for less. They are rare, I think they were only on the Lightning truck versions and Bronco sport models in 95 and 96.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Steve83 said:
The chrome panels are removeable, but it's VERY risky to the mirror glass and you still have to put something back. I'd love to get black fronts for mine, too, but it's hard to convince someone to risk their mirror to get them off.

Black power mirrors are VERY rare.
I texture painted mine, but they keep peeling at the edges, so HOW do I get the backs off, cuase I want to paint them and re apply them. Without risk there is no reward

1 - 9 of 9 Posts