Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestion on what i can do? dont wanna have to spend money on a stock one wanna try to fix it ill post pics later on how it looks

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
you're bumper is bent up? you mean you're stock bumper is bent up? how ere you going to do a winch on you're stock bumper anyway? you're left with pretty much no choice except an aftermarket bumper with a winch mount...

or, put a tow receiver on the front of you're truck, and have the winch mounted on a hitch mount. works great - can remove it when you dont want it there so it's not in the way, or getting stolen.. can also put it on the back if you want to winch out backward.
here's a pic of one done like that. when i get a winch that's what i'm gonna do, too.

(click)

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is the exact mount I had on mine until I figured the winch would probably rip the bumper clear off if I ever really had to use it. So I went and bought a steel beam and made this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah my setup was just like the pictures you posted, where the front of the bumper angled down a bit. I also figured you can't really go over 31 inch tires with the bumper in that position.

Sorry, to be clear I had that same exact mount on mine and when I made this bumper I just cut the bottom part of the mount off and used the base and top to connect it to the bumper I made.

·
Registered
76 Posts
With a lift you would probably be OK. In fact my bumper may have went back into the wheelwell a little more than your example. It's been a little over 4 years since I made this bumper so I can't remember exactly. What I worried about was if I ever hit something, the bumper could have gotten pushed right into the tire.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah like one side of it bearly its up and hardly noticeable let me run outside and take a pic and show u what it looks like from both sides

·
Registered
76 Posts
See the back should be ok but I would wonder about 35's with the bumper being that low with turning and everything. That thing is looking too pristine man!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah see i know the back would perfect and the front umm i could take the back rumper thing off its under the bumper or im just gonna have to wait and see how it fits maybe get someone when has 35s and see

·
Registered
76 Posts
NM I see now. Want a stock bumper? I still have mine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
and what do you see?
Oh I was confused, earlier in the thread I thought the green Bronco was an example, not yours. Then you posted later and I realized that is yours and you already have the mount, but the bumper is bent. I kept thinking the first pix of yours were of someone else's Bronco.

I'll have to go take some pix of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok I cleaned it up a little, a few small dots of rust on the front and it is rusty on the inside but still in good shape on the outside. I have all but 2 of the plastic tabs that hold the plastic barrier between the bumper and body.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure. My main concern would be how to get it to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts