Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
You'd salvage a heating element from what? I've already got thermostats that monitor and allow or cut power in the grow. They're great for fans and usually combine with humidity setting also... but they are far from cheap or even affordable for a project like this.

Mom called me back, said the step-brother wanted the shop fridge to replace his older one, with a smaller freezer but he'd be happy to give me the old one. I have no idea what it looks like or how it's setup, age, condition or whatever but it was a working unit so it should be in good enough condition to re-purpose for this job. Yay!

Since the setup is "back on", so to speak... I spent the night re-arranging the shop to accommodate. Any of you've that have seen pics of my shop would know, I didn't have room for another cabinet, much less a cabinet and a fridge. It's amazing how much crap a guy can build up in a shop over a dozen years. I may have a hoarding issue. brownbag would have gone here
Whatever I could find that seemed suitable.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
You'd salvage a heating element from what? I've already got thermostats that monitor and allow or cut power in the grow. They're great for fans and usually combine with humidity setting also... but they are far from cheap or even affordable for a project like this.

Mom called me back, said the step-brother wanted the shop fridge to replace his older one, with a smaller freezer but he'd be happy to give me the old one. I have no idea what it looks like or how it's setup, age, condition or whatever but it was a working unit so it should be in good enough condition to re-purpose for this job. Yay!

Since the setup is "back on", so to speak... I spent the night re-arranging the shop to accommodate. Any of you've that have seen pics of my shop would know, I didn't have room for another cabinet, much less a cabinet and a fridge. It's amazing how much crap a guy can build up in a shop over a dozen years. I may have a hoarding issue. brownbag would have gone here
I don't know what your budget for this project is, but the thermostat I related in thread #2 was under $20. For that cabinet, you don't need anything fancier than that.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yea... that thermostat only ranged from 50 to 90 degrees and like I said before, that pretty much equals out to on/off, which I can do manually, easy enough. With the fridge option, insulation is resolved and heating will be accomplished with very little effort. We'll have to see how it goes through, once I get it here and start picking options to fit what it needs. (y) Hell... I might even replace the one in my double wide with a digital controller and use it. Upgrade the house and resolve that need at the same time. ;)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts