Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after shuting off my truck (94 Bronco) and taking the key out the warning buzzer will continually sound until I shut the door (like I left the lights on or the key in the ignition). Thinking it was the ignition I but a new ignition in (key). Thats not it. Any idea what else to check? I'v grown use to the sound but have left my lights on several times, I would like to fix before I kill the battery.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i have somewhat the same issue but my warning buzzer stays on after I go through a carwash, I dont know why this happends but o well. Now know your issue, I have no clue but Im sure someone will help you out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
sounds like a bad ground, or a bare wire touching where it shouldnt be?

esp in yours 93_bronco, carwash and electrical problems dont go together too well ;)

ranemone: try serching down the circuts that cause that buzzing, you have already done your ignigition and granted you hooked it back up correctly, than i would check your lights next

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
learn to be responsible, and yank the thing out. my dad pulled the one out of his last bronco, and i have the buzzer for my bronc sittin in the glove box. its not that hard to turn off the lights, just make it habbit to check them when you get out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
knarf121 said:

esp in yours 93_bronco, carwash and electrical problems dont go together too well ;)
nope, thats why my truck stays dirty most of the time :toothless

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a similar problem with the ignition part. For some reason it had a bit of trouble figuring out if my key was in or out. So it would buzz until I closed the door.

Instead of ripping it out (because you will leave the lights on sooner or later and end up with a dead battery) go under the dashboard and cut the appropriate wire from the buzzer harness. (seems like it was brown but don't quote me on that color!!!!!)

By cutting the single wire, you still get a friendly reminder when you leave your lights on but can leave the door open and keys in the ignition all day without any buzzing noise

Look up the wire in your chiltons manual. It is there, cause that's where I looked it up 2 years ago or so.

IF your interested in this technique let me know and I will look and see what color it was (for a 1990 EB)

Good Luck

Bakes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts