Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone? I just bought my first ford, an 82 fullsize Bronco. Its got a 302, auto-no OD, and thats about all i know. Im trying to get it ready for a smog test, but im missing a lot of parts- purge valve, bowl vent solenoid, check valves and vacuum delays ect.:banghead Im a volkswagon Audi tech and Ive been wrenching on cars since I was in the 7th grade so I think ill do ok. I need to figure out what some of the acronyms on the vacuum diagram stand for and go to the wrecking yard though.

My first rig was a 2wd 71 chevy fleetside, then a 98 chevy 4x4 sierra, with various small cars in-between( fiero, and now a diesel rabbit.

The Bronco is gonna get 6 inches of lift and 35" tires as soon as I can afford it, after its smogged and licensed.:rockon

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
welcome.

I'm in Crescent City. You are now officially the closest person to me on FSB.

gotta edit this:

You are now officially the closest person IN CALIFORNIA to me on FSB

I forgot about Anthony (lookinferfun) up in Grass Pants OR

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to FSB. I'm still a chevy guy, I picked up a 74 C10 step side not to long ago.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome and good luck! If there is a different way to do something, Ford will chose the different way. Still fun though. Maybe you can bring some trick VW/Audi ideas and parts to the Bronco Forum! Chevy rears work under Broncos! (sorry Fordnatics)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to FSB.
I also was a Chevy nut that has crossed over.
Use to own Chevy trucks and race a Chevy dirt track car.
I now have a F250 to pull the bko around.

Trust me.....Prepare to get addicted:beer

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
At least Chevy didnt invent the TTB... Welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Whats up!

Hey welcome, the best website you'll ever be with
im a tech at ford so let me know somme of the accronyms and i'll find them out for ya

Fords Rule!:beer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drove chevy,gmc and drank budwieser for yrs.,now its ford and coors light

my first truck was a '56 GMC witha 4speed turbohydramatic tranny,it banged the gears and was very cool ride,then a '61 gmc 4x4 3/4 ton,i took it down to the frame put in a '57 283 11 1/2 :1 corvette engine,put in mid'80's 1 ton running gear except the tranny,added power steering and lifted 10 inches,this was back in 1980,i still have that one,then it was a 72 blazer ,got it at a dea auction,it had a lot of interesting things.then I bought my first ford,since i have 5 fords and have 2 still.
I really like the Fords but I will never sell the 61 GMC it is a bad machine.Locally known as Da Beast.My '90 Bronco xlt is called Ten Inches for some reason.
Thanks for all the warm welcomes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts