Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went and picked up my AOD from the junk yard. didnt get the transfer case because i saw a huge crack in it and decided that since i didnt need it in the first place not to even bother. but i got the tranny. its dirty as all heck with sand and whatnot on it. can i just spray it down with a hose or what is the best way to get all the dirt and grime off of it. i know its going to get dirty once its in again but i dont want dirt and whatnot falling while trying to put her in.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
pressure-washer, if ya don't have one, i'm sure home depot, or sears or something will rent one. you can also buy soap solution that you can attach to the pressure washer that will go through the hose. nothing better than pressurized soap. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stepchild88 said:
pressure-washer, if ya don't have one, i'm sure home depot, or sears or something will rent one. you can also buy soap solution that you can attach to the pressure washer that will go through the hose. nothing better than pressurized soap. :thumbup

awesome! yea il borrow my dads pressure washer. :)

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Or schlep it down to the coin wash

in the back of a friends pick up

Why should your garage get messy when the car wash can get messy ? You can pre-spray the outside with a degreaser first to soak(15 minutes), much like Spray n' Wash.

Sixlitre

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
:stupid

...and MAKE SURE you plug BOTH of the open cooler lines!!! Get some pipe plugs from a hardware store, or if they have pieces of the old lines left on the transmission, bend/pinch them off. You don't want that soap and hot water inside the transmission, and I'm absolutely sure you don't want to have to go through this again. Try to keep the spray away from the front pump's input shafts-area, too.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Or schlep it down to the coin wash

in the back of a friends pick up

Why should your garage get messy when the car wash can get messy ? You can pre-spray the outside with a degreaser first to soak(15 minutes), much like Spray n' Wash.

Sixlitre
didn't even think of that. :doh0715:

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
stepchild88 said:
didn't even think of that. :doh0715:
That's cause yer honest and law abiding Stepchild

Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Enthusiasim everytime;)

Sixlitre

p.s./

I've redcorated many a local coin wash :toothless

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a wonderful idea except.......

ihave no clue where a coin wash would be around me and i dont have any friends with a truck. we all sold our trucks when kids came on the scene. heehee made corey sell his bronco 2 because it had no air. heehee. ill just bring the pressure washer here to work and do it here. heehee THANKS YALL!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
armywifey4life said:
thats a wonderful idea except.......

ihave no clue where a coin wash would be around me and i dont have any friends with a truck. we all sold our trucks when kids came on the scene. heehee made corey sell his bronco 2 because it had no air. heehee. ill just bring the pressure washer here to work and do it here. heehee THANKS YALL!
Don't forget to pre-soak the exterior with a de-greaser

BTW I trust you're going to install a trans cooler and remote filter for this next AOD ?

Sixlitre

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Sixlitre said:

Sixlitre

p.s./

Plus you're a crazy Canadian.:toothless

what the heck were you guys thinking beating our baseball team? stick to hockey.:doh0715: :twak

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Sixlitre said:

Sixlitre

p.s./

i dunno Six, i've left plenty poundage of mud in my local gas station's coin wash bays in my day.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sixlitre said:
BTW I trust you're going to install a trans cooler and remote filter for this next AOD ?

Sixlitre

ummmm.....talk stupid to me....a what? if its needed and you tell me what it is how much it costs and where to get it then yea i will.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
SigEpBlue said:
:stupid

...and MAKE SURE you plug BOTH of the open cooler lines!!! Get some pipe plugs from a hardware store, or if they have pieces of the old lines left on the transmission, bend/pinch them off. You don't want that soap and hot water inside the transmission, and I'm absolutely sure you don't want to have to go through this again. Try to keep the spray away from the front pump's input shafts-area, too.
Plug both cooler lines as mentioned and also plug the dipstick hole very well and the breather vent at the top of the case as well. It would be an excellent idea to drop the pan and let everything drain after you've finished washing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts