Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the hole where the washer sprayer nozzle should be located but i'm not sure if it is there. I have an '81. Is the nozzle far down there or would it be sticking out. I took a look down in there but it was too dark to see anything.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so all I need to get is a nozzle? DOes the nozzle connect right to the hose and how does it mount in that hole??

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
so all I need to get is a nozzle? DOes the nozzle connect right to the hose and how does it mount in that hole??
It kinda "snaps" in place. Little clips hold it down in, then you push the hose on to it...

And yes..yes it is gone. :cry

KC :beer

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,702 Posts
dont argue. i am sure steve has a reason for it (leaves caugh caugh)

·
Registered
562 Posts
So what, we're not allowed to have our own opinions? I'm sure the pinhole style does a better job of keeping crap out of there, but like I said: I personally like the slotted one better and it is correct for that year.

Not trying to start anything, just a personal preference.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,702 Posts
So what, we're not allowed to have our own opinions? I'm sure the pinhole style does a better job of keeping crap out of there, but like I said: I personally like the slotted one better and it is correct for that year.

Not trying to start anything, just a personal preference.
i was just giving you shit. personal preference is what makes each of our broncos our own and by all means i respect your preferences. I like it when things are are on the correct year, especially on each distinct generation of any vehicle. Function-wise steve hit the nail on the head. style wise its up to the owner and no one else.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Well if you wanted the best of both worlds, you could get some screening such as what you would use on a screen door to keep instects out, or a little larger. Then when you take off the cowl, figure a way to mount it so it keeps the bigger things out. Then you have style and function. I have no idea how much work that would take as I have never had a cowl off, but to some, it may be worth the work. :thumbup

KC

·
Addicted to Junk
13,702 Posts
Not to worry. I've found that you need to have pretty thick skin to hang out here.

It's all good.
haha yeah after a while you feel comfortable enough to dish it out. its all in good fun:beer

·
Registered
562 Posts
okay I got the nozzle but how does the cowl come off?

There are about 6-8 phillips screws across the front on the firewall and a couple up top looking down between the wiper arms.

Take the screws off and carefully pull it out from under the windshield molding.

It is difficult to get it off (without scratching it all up) without taking the hood off but it can be done. I personally would take the hood off. It makes it a lot easier to remove.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
You should be able to replace the nozzle without removing the cowl, as ST83 stated. I thought the location of the spray nozzle would work for me as a front axle vent, since the hose is already there and I'm not using the washer. Just pull nozzle out of the hose, anyone else done this> JSM84

The hose runs under the wiper motor, and the nozzle sits on top. Should be easy to get to, once you crawl up onto the engine:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/42492/fullsize/engine5.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts