Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lurker
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two buddies and I picked a random spot on the map and are flying into Seattle, renting a 4x4(either a Liberty or h3) and going to just drive and see some sights, do some light trails, campout etc. Do any off you NW guys have any suggestions? Obviously our vehicle is a hindrance to probably some really sweet trails, but hey, we are definetely getting the insurance. Let me know. Thanks guys. :thumbup

·
Registered
585 Posts
Swamp Donkey said:
Two buddies and I picked a random spot on the map and are flying into Seattle, renting a 4x4(either a Liberty or h3) and going to just drive and see some sights, do some light trails, campout etc. Do any off you NW guys have any suggestions? Obviously our vehicle is a hindrance to probably some really sweet trails, but hey, we are definetely getting the insurance. Let me know. Thanks guys. :thumbup
When are you coming?? There's a little get-together in the Naches area June 8-11. Trails & rocks from mild to wild.

I'd love to see an H3 get bashed.......:toothless

·
Registered
376 Posts
:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

There are some trails near Gold Bar (98251) that would probably keep you occupied...Reiter Trails. I might even give you a tour if you want...

There is also Evans Creek, near Mt. Rainier...Elbe Hills also near Mt. Rainier...Walker Valley near Arlington...that's pretty much it for western Washington.

BTW maybe the Jeep Rubicon might be a better idea...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Manastash Ridge is near Naches I believe...

If you want scenic try Evans, beautiful views of Mt Rainier...really dusty though during the summer.

I haven't been to Naches but I have been to quite a few trails in E. Wash and most of them are uphill roads, ride the ridgeline kind of thing. I hear Naches is fun though...

From what I hear Elbe is pretty muddy...

Reiter has a good all around selection of trails, and some nice views.

I don't think Walker Valley would be what you are looking for...

Whatever you decide to do, try to find somebody to show you around, you'll have alot more fun that way.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Manastash road comes out of Ellensburg, it's off Umptanum road on the back side of the freeway. It heads up the North slopes of Manastash Ridge. Manastash Ridge runs from the Columbia River to Quartz Mountain between the Naches/Yakima area and the Ellensburg/Cle Elum area. If you get on Manastash road you can follow it for miles and get plenty of picturesque views. You can also run into the Funny rocks if you go far enough. You can get in there in a stock vehicle but you have to have some good driving skills, a lot of patience, and expect body damage if it's muddy. I used to take my old 83 Bronco XL in there almost weekly, it was stock height with cutouts and 32s.

·
Lurker
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we had a great time. We were in the ellensburg, yakima area. We took the h3 up Natches pass unitl we got to the snow. We got it stuck in some snow in some national park outside Ellensburg. We had to hike 7 miles back down a road to find help where we met some very interesting characters in a and offroad club called Offroad Animals or something like that. They scared us and even showed us the biggest pistol I have ever seen, a S&W 500, but pulled the h3 out in there stock yj. We rafted in Leavenworth and eventually made it out to the coast and camped on the beach at Ozette. Beautiful county up there, damn. It did rain like 75% of the trip though.

Also, very glad we got the insurance. THe Natchez trail (sp?) was fun until the snow

The H3 is a hug POS, buthe 4wd was decent. THe motor is very underpowered and the interior is cheap, but it did what we wanted it to do.. Turned that bitch back into Avis muddy and scratched.

Pics to come.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you were near Ellensburg it can't be Naches Pass. Naches Pass is an old wagon trail off of Little Naches road which is off highway 410. Naches Pass can be run in a slightly modified FSB. but is not recommended. Ask Jopes for more info on Naches Pass, he tried to tell me it wasn't fullsize friendly. But I live here ;)

Sounds like you had a great trip, can't wait till we see some pics.:popc1:

BTW If you'll notice my avatar
<---- <--- <---
That was a trip last summer up Manastash with Ford Filly and Screamin Red Ass. I do attend some M&Gs occasionally.

·
Something Spiffy
940 Posts
yep that looks like the old wagon trail up at Kanar flats. 2BB and myself were up there just last weekend and that snow is nasty stuff! i showed up a day late so i didnt get a chance to run that trail but fellow 2BB member Carey didnt even get that far in it with his Bko at 5lbs in his boogers.

looks like you had fun though! is that a huge dent in the drivers door?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.