Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the Mud bog they have a truck wash, to help clear the windshield so u can see. its like 8 firehoses of water blasting down. i drove my 79 through and water poured under the dash from the heater A/C box where is contacts the firewall. i pulled the drain house and its clear??? thoughts?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
probably from all the wheeling your friewall is starting to crack at the seams. I know mine was after a few years.

or could be they just hit the air intake with so much water it flooded into the cab

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, is that why you have no body....it all cracked away? JK. love the buggie. I will check for cracks on mine.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok upon inspection, the firewall has no cracks or damage, however the air box inside is missing many of the nuts on the studs. it looks like the box may be built like its split? and the nuts would hold and seal it together? also it was full of leaves.
Now i have come to realize i wont ever get the A/C working on this truck so how hard is it to remove the big AC box under the hood? or should i not touch it? could anyone doing a restore project use the parts?
thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It's a bit of a job depending on what all you do. I eliminated the AC stuff and and replaced it with a heat only system from a donor rig. I also cut the section of firewall out of the donor and created a new panel to fill in the hole where the AC stuff was removed. worked cool because it had the dimple and mounting holes etc. for the heater blower motor already there.

Sealed the panels and riveted it all together and then used herculiner on the firewall.

Dirty here but you get the idea..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts