Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no leaks watsoever that come from the top.....yet i have water on my floorboard everytime it rains...i have put paper down to test to see if it comes from the top but it doesnt..i have pulled the carpet up andf found no holes, i have laid plastic down and put the carpet back down yet theres still water on the floor board. and it still comes even if i dont drive, its just parked

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
um kay, what part of the floor?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the wet spots are on the drivers floorboard towards the base of the seat..where the little lever is to move it back and forth...all the water seems to be setting there in that area

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Sounds like drip rail or the rubber door seal maybe? My winshield leaks at the top thru the molding when it rains and it drips on my leg when I drive PITA, I have to use a plastic garbage to cover the window if I'm parked outside any length of time or the carpeting gets soaked ~ AGGGHHHH

Why not take a hose and spray the BKO until to see where it's leaking from?

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
not banned
5,969 Posts
those rubber door seals are easy to fix too.. i think i remember reading of someone using babypowder to assess contact surfaces for it.
mj

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,685 Posts
Either a door seal, or windshield. The windshield in my p/u leaks in water when its parked in the rain. Drips down onto both front floormats which fortunately are husky liners, so i just dump the water out of them when they fill up, and the carpet stays mostly dry. I keep forgetting to get the windshield resealed. Until it rains again, that is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
you sure its not coming from your roof? check that again and right were ur seat belt hooks to the wall pull that plastic panel off and see if u see any sighn of water in there

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
i would check the windshield. had a leak in the top corner. would drip down behind all the molding. pull the plastic and have some one hose it down

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had the same problem with my 85. It would leak at the top drivers side winshield area. I just put some clear silicone on it for a tempory fix.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine leaking in passenger floor board. Same area tword the seat. Wondering about the windshield, but no visible water and the firewall to the engine compartment shows no signs of water leaking coming from above. Just pooling water in the passenger floorboard. My quarter window seals leak also. Weather stripping looms in excellent shape, but the front bottom of both sides leak like a sive. No windshield place I talked to wants to even look at them.

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
Yep, I have this same problem. Ive not been able to run it down either. I have eliminated the windshield leaking. My Drip rail is a possibility as its cracked, rusty, and has a from the factor pinhole the size of a pencil lead, all these are under the drip rail. It just hasnt been a priority to fix yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have water in the floor board then it is probably the heater core you could bypass it or fix it but it will take a lot of time to fix it if you do it your self

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
If you have water in the floor board then it is probably the heater core you could bypass it or fix it but it will take a lot of time to fix it if you do it your self

It will not be a hard fix. the heater core is a 30 min job if that. Plus I doubt that is the problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Heater core is on the passenger side, the water is collecting on the driver side. I'm sure the OP would have noticed if it was coolant or water.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Found it. Behind the wires on the passenger side the channel for the fender has a rubber drain that deposits under the wheel well. I pulled the little amp looking thingy off from the inside ( i think its for the security alarm?) and there was like a foot of dirt and debris from years or accumulation from the cowl. Unscrewed the wheel well liner and cleaned the inside channel and from the underneath and put some rtv to seal the inside metal plate back, and a small screw hole that was underneath and voila, no more leaks from the front. As for the rear, the top does leak even though you cant see a point it emanates from where the top meets the cab. 91 Bronco is right, i kept seeing water in the opening behind the seat belt and a stream running down the paneling where the rear ash tray/cup holder is even though there was no apparent water where the top meets the cab. Bronco graveyard sells the seals for it, but in the meantime, i put clear gutter sealer carefully around the whole outside where the top meets the cab, fixed that leak too. Then the quarter window seals were also obviously leaking above the ash tray area also. Again, Bronco graveyard sells the seals. I put a thin bead of clear rtv around the inside and outside under the rubber and solved that leak too. Now I'm dry as can be. Its pouring outside right now, and not a bit of water, except for the tailgate.That's a whole other story and the only fix seems to be get a new tailgate and take the spare tire and assembly off the rear so it doesn't eventually happen again. I went to like 5 glass shops who told me the quarter seals were in great shape and shouldn't be leaking and that there was no sealant in the gasket, that the gasket itself sealed the window. Apparently they were full of crap. Spare looks cool on the rear, but that is the only design flaw in my opinion. There is just too much weight pulling on the tailgate for the tiny welds that attach the front and back of the tailgate.I keep hearing Broncos are notorious for leaky tailgates Hope this helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have no leaks watsoever that come from the top.....yet i have water on my floorboard everytime it rains...i have put paper down to test to see if it comes from the top but it doesnt..i have pulled the carpet up andf found no holes, i have laid plastic down and put the carpet back down yet theres still water on the floor board. and it still comes even if i dont drive, its just parked
Left a post at the bottom of this thread, im still not sure how these threads work yet. Hope it helps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts