Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Kind of disappointed it took me so long to join when I've been using this website for a while! This place is great, searching through the forums I was able to fix my e4od shifting issues by replacing my MLPS sensor! Quick and cheap fix, other than the 20 year old connectors that were neary ruined! Okay so to make this easy to understand, I broke a bolt trying to replace the waterpump on my 302. I have the waterpump off and need to remove the timing cover to remove th snapped bolt. Well since I need a vehicle to drive and don't have the funds to buy an 80 dollar kit of bolts (21 year old college kid) I was wondering if anyone had the sizes of the bolts that I could pick up at a local hardware store! I don't want to break another bolt when I go to put them in plus a few of them are in horrible condition. Hopefully someone has the sizes! I have attempted to search the forum for the bolt sizes but what I've come across hasn't lead me to be confident enough to use my one ride to the hardware store to get bolts! Thanks in advance.

Aaron

·
Registered
884 Posts
coolgray94....

you don't need to spend $80 for bolts...Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has a bolt kit for water pumps that has 3 of the most popular ones that break for $7.00 I believe...with shipping it's under $20.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
If you have a junk yard near by they will likely let you have all of the bolts from the water pump and timing cover for free. Just ask them. And putting them in is not when you risk breaking them. Its after they have been rusted in place and corroded over time when trouble strikes. Make sure you dont over tighten these bolts. They only require 13.5 ft/lbs of torque. Which is not much over hand tight, maybe like one turn over hand tight. Always when in doubt, use a torque wrench, even if its a cheap $10 one from Harbor Freight its better than guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts