Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you order a water pump from Checker Auto you'll get the wrong pump. I have a 90 Bronco 351 and the holes on the impeller cover are D shaped. The part from Checker has round holes. However...if you get the 348ci engine water pump (67 Mustang?), it's correct. Their computer part numbers are messed up. Luckily the lady behind the counter was an expert mechanic and knew which vehicle to look up to get the right part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work for Kragen (same as checker with the same EPC) and the difference you are seeing is between the aluminum and cast iron pieces which are both listed for that vehicle. Also, bear in mind that some reman lines do ship the wrong part with the right number frequently. Also, with the switch over O'Reilly auto going on, it is entirely possible for the numbers to not be correct. If your favorite Checker store is not familiar with books, fiind one that is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HOW MUCH WAS IT? IS IT A REMAN?
It was a remanufactured and it ran about $28. Far cry from the $150+ for a new one.

I work for Kragen (same as checker with the same EPC) and the difference you are seeing is between the aluminum and cast iron pieces which are both listed for that vehicle. Also, bear in mind that some reman lines do ship the wrong part with the right number frequently. Also, with the switch over O'Reilly auto going on, it is entirely possible for the numbers to not be correct. If your favorite Checker store is not familiar with books, fiind one that is.
Both water pumps (round hole and D hole) were cast iron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts