Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1984 bronco with a 351 windsor and i recently bought a remanufactured motor.The new engine is from a newer model (i think) because my old motor would turn the waterpump the correct way..this motor is spinning the oposite way.. So i think its set up for a serpentine belt...could someone explain to me when the waterpumps turned clockwise and counter clockwise...and if it does spin int the direction to use a serpentine belt..any ideas to find the pulleys to fit at a junkyard? ( what vehicle would work)..p.s. my original motor used the v belt system...help please!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Just swap the timing chain housings and use your old timing chain cover on your new motor. Only real issue I see is the timing order from your old block to the new block may be different.
Was this a crate motor that was fully built? do you have any more info on the rebuilt motor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The timing order is fine i cranked it up and it idled..I called the store and they said it was the correct engine...i put a new water pump on it that was the same one on my old engine and a new radiator and a new thermastat...and new hoses and it still overheated...when i took the waterpump back off it looked like water did not even flow in the engine...looking at the front of the engine its turning clockwise...i used a gmb 125-1230 waterpump..here is the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GMB-125-1230/ it was the stock replacement..iam still usining the v belt system..if the front of the engine is turning clockwise then that is standard rotation rite??? This is frustrating but iam goin to get through it lol...thanks for all the advice so far

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
The timing order is fine i cranked it up and it idled..I called the store and they said it was the correct engine...i put a new water pump on it that was the same one on my old engine and a new radiator and a new thermastat...and new hoses and it still overheated...when i took the waterpump back off it looked like water did not even flow in the engine...looking at the front of the engine its turning clockwise...i used a gmb 125-1230 waterpump..here is the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GMB-125-1230/ it was the stock replacement..iam still usining the v belt system..if the front of the engine is turning clockwise then that is standard rotation rite??? This is frustrating but iam goin to get through it lol...thanks for all the advice so far
If you used all your original mounting and pulley system items than that all should be fine. how can you tell that water wasnt flowing throught it all?
If anything maybe you got a defective thermostat or you didnt burp the cooling system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts