Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my new truck i have the manual 4 wheel drive my buddy has the push button on his 1996 i was wonderin wat the opinions are on the push botton or the manual :rebelflag

·
Banned
470 Posts
I'd take the manual over pushbutton anyday. I've heard the push button ones wear out and stop working when they get old.

·
Registered
893 Posts
i like my manual. my dad's tahoe has push button and the 4hi button has broken/wore out 3 times.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have the push button never had trouble also somebody paid more money to get that fancy pushbutton but unless there is a trick to it we pushbuttons don't have 4 neutrel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I was going to chime in but it looks like it has already been done with my answer...manuals. :beer

Do you friend a big favor, buy a set of new manual hubs and hold on to them without saying anything. When his go out...and they will...then just whip em out and tell him to bow down to you. :rockon hehe

That or give em to him as a b-day gift or something. The autos were made to be more "Driver Friendly". But as mentioned before, there is more to break and it does. If he has the 3 bolt hubs, then he will also need a conversion kit. If its the 5 or 6 bolt hubs...just the new hubs will do.

hehe you can also wait til he gets stuck with his broken auto hubs then you can prove how much better the manuals are. :twak

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
hey billybob they are talking about manual or auto transfer cases not hubs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I vote manual too. Manuals are MUCH better IMHO.

I owned a pushbutton (Selectrac switch) Cherokee and not only is it not as satisfying to feel the stick shift the t-case, but it seemed to always have a delay between the click and the engagement....at least the jeep had a lever to engage low.

BTW I think Billybob was saying that the pushbutton t-cases can have the autolock hubs - unlike alot of manuals which have the manual (get out and twist the hub into a locking position for the wheel to lock to the axle)... I have a manual transfer case on my Pathfinder w/ auto locked hubs which is the way a lot of newer trucks are today. Not nearly as strong and why I use my Bronco for the serious wheeling. If anyone ever comes out with a 3 or 4" lift for the '97 PF, I might convert the hubs as well...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
irwin i think you hold 4hi and 4 lo at the same time to get it into netural or something like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go manual all the way!!!! Also if you need to keep 2 extra ladies busy in your ride it gives them something to do!!!

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
manual t-case = more better...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i think the manual in my 78 is more convieniant than the push button in my 92.
shifting in and out of 4wheel with the stick means no leaning forward and quicker responce than the button

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.