Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck getting rid of faded paint on a red top? I am looking at this bronco tonight and the top is extremely faded.

It is supposed ot be in decent shape aside from the botched repair job on the passenger side. The front bumper looks dented but nothing bad

what is everyone opinions?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Try doing what I did---scuff it up real well with a 3m pad(s), wipe her down with paint thinner and then brush, roll and tip a new coat or two of Rustoleum gloss on her. Cost me less than $14.00 and 2 hours out of my life.............

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can't wax the topper. You can try a dressing by meguiars called hyperdressing. Even 303 Aero space would work. If you are not happy with the result then a repaint is the only way. Clear coat it too, then you can wax it to prevent oxidation.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
You can't wax the topper. You can try a dressing by meguiars called hyperdressing. Even 303 Aero space would work. If you are not happy with the result then a repaint is the only way. Clear coat it too, then you can wax it to prevent oxidation.
If you are thinking of repainting, don't wax it or use any of the protectants. They will make painting it difficult as they the paint will not stick.

RickyB's clear coat idea is best. If that doesn't give you the finish you want, you at least have a base sealer to work with..

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bronco was very BEAT. The passenger side little dent as it was described was much more at one time. The passenger door barely opened and clunked closed. It was abused!

·
Registered
496 Posts
i use that spray on tire foam. works really well but i dunno how it'd do on a red top. mine is black and so are tires

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I was under the impression that paint oxidation is a result of using Dish Washing liquid to wash the vehicle instead of Car Wash soap.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
the bronco was very BEAT. The passenger side little dent as it was described was much more at one time. The passenger door barely opened and clunked closed. It was abused!
It may need a new hinge, not too bad. I saved mine from the JY, and have spent nearly $3,000 fixing it. It is worth it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts