Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,141 Posts
You could try the same search with '94-95 MAF F150s, but your best bet might be to go straight to the source and ask the question on those forums. People here are likely to have the F150 parts but never a reason to know the F150 VIN. Until they run into stupidity like you have encountered. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You could try the same search with '94-95 MAF F150s, but your best bet might be to go straight to the source and ask the question on those forums. People here are likely to have the F150 parts but never a reason to know the F150 VIN. Until they run into stupidity like you have encountered. :)
Yeah, my original EEC came from an F150 w/302, E4OD and 4Wd..should have thought to do that from the get go...scouring the interwebs now..

·
Super Moderator
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
FYI, if you want me to check my stash of extra ECUs this weekend, let me know and send me a PM.
Thanks @csilvestri , if you don't mind digging through your stash that would be great..

Also, I think I may have found what I'm looking for..'95 F150 4x4, E4OD with 302...

1FTEF14N4SLB24287

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,888 Posts
I would gladly have offered up my VIN for you, but my 351 isn't what you need.

I went through similar stupidity ordering parts for Dad's and it was absolutely frustrating trying to explain to a parts phone jockey that I'm working on a '78 FSB with a 400 engine from a Lincoln Mark V, which was long gone over a decade ago, so the only VIN I had to give wouldn't apply.

Makes me wonder what happened in the Industry to make this type of BS "necessary". It may work fine if you're working on a newer rig but our older rigs have been around so long, in many cases original parts have been modified or swapped out... but these folks don't seem to get that simple fact of life outside the bubble.

·
Super Moderator
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would gladly have offered up my VIN for you, but my 351 isn't what you need.

I went through similar stupidity ordering parts for Dad's and it was absolutely frustrating trying to explain to a parts phone jockey that I'm working on a '78 FSB with a 400 engine from a Lincoln Mark V, which was long gone over a decade ago, so the only VIN I had to give wouldn't apply.

Makes me wonder what happened in the Industry to make this type of BS "necessary". It may work fine if you're working on a newer rig but our older rigs have been around so long, in many cases original parts have been modified or swapped out... but these folks don't seem to get that simple fact of life outside the bubble.
appreciate @BikerPepe` . With automotive related stuff, the people who actually knew things are pretty much gone..now they just rely on what the computer says and if the computer says it must be so then it is..That's what makes our site so invaluable..we can figure this s**t out and help each other..I'd have probably gotten rid of my Bronco years ago were it not for FSB...

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Just want to add, Ive seen that chalky stuff before. Well stuff like it anyway. Its a sealant of some sort, usually you see it around capacitors, wires, or large components that need extra mechanical support or strain relief. It is in the middle of the board however, around a bunch of Surface mount components which shouldn't need support. Which leads me to believe that something on the board was repaired and the sealant used to reseal the board afterwards. You are correct that if they had replaced a component there would be evidence. Look at the glossiness of the board, it has a coating of some kind that would be damaged by the heat from resoldering. I don't see any components that have obviously been resoldered, so my only guess is that the sealant is from them replacing a component.

·
Super Moderator
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would like to hear the end results,

Did this fix your issue?
Not quite sure what the problem was. Didn't wind up getting a new EEC or this one repaired. I reinstalled it and loaded the tune back in through my Tweecer and all is good.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts