Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
32 Posts
This is half the reason I aquired my F-350. My dad was tired of buying new chinesium that failed within 1000 miles, so he sold it to me and got a newer truck. It's got a bunch of rebuilt OEM parts now, and seems more reliable. The alternator and starter were rebuilt locally and have had no issues with them or any parts rebuilt by that shop.
What a coincidence twofortz!
Just took a fun trip to the CA desert, Salton Sea area. The Bronco ran great the entire trip. Outside temperatures got up to 108!! And we were still using the ac and very comfortable. No hiccups until i pulled into our driveway and suddenly a crazy erratic idle and stumbling truck :(
Just opened the hood this morning and found a ripped and broken vacuum “elbow” coming of the throttle body, with the hard, plastic vacuum line punched through the 90% bend. Sure enough the words “Made in China” were still visible. The rubber was almost completely disintegrating and looked worse than anything else in the engine bay. 🤦‍♂️ I guess i missed it. One more part to upgrade. I’d trust a 20 year old original to that garbage :)

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,352 Posts
CCC (cheap china crap) has a whole new meaning these days...
My dad who was a carnie, use to call that STS... $hit that sells. I see CCC and it makes me think someone's talking about my business (compatible canine companions)

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
451 Posts
Well,
with parts from China it really depends who produced them.
If its coming from a full chinese company, I would worry, if its a european or american joint venture it must not be a problem at all, due to correct standards being applied, but then its not that cheap anymore.

in regards of oil leaks:
check valve covers, they may drip at the rearside, then its running down the engine and may look like rear main or something.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
936 Posts
My dad who was a carnie, use to call that STS... $hit that sells. I see CCC and it makes me think someone's talking about my business (compatible canine companions)

I love dogs. No offense implied.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
289 Posts
@BroncMom What’d miss? I love dogs too!! CCC reminds me of “Crane Carrier Corporation”. I had a short career straight outta college working for the largest ready mix (concrete) company in FL, early 80s, Rinker Materials. On occasion, I’d have to drive one of these...they were the back ups to the backups at the time.
None taken... Was just sayin
EC5163E2-DA09-4020-8128-BDE9315EB7E3.jpeg

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,352 Posts
@BroncMom What’d miss? I love dogs too!! CCC reminds me of “Crane Carrier Corporation”. I had a short career straight outta college working for the largest ready mix (concrete) company in FL, early 80s, Rinker Materials. On occasion, I’d have to drive one of these...they were the back ups to the backups at the time.
View attachment 160159
U didn't miss anything. Desert bronco was saying CCC=cheap China crap and I said it's also short for my business compatible canine companions. I do canine behavior work.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts