Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

501 - 520 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Coming Soon!

We know how important it is to showcase your passions and interests to the community so we are working on updating avatars and badging.

Based on your feedback and ongoing collaboration, we will roll out several improvements starting next week to accommodate a wider variety of image sizes and enlarge the profile picture. We look forward to hearing your input as we continue to provide community updates each week! Keep the feedback coming….

Seriously, you are not listening to the feedback... we do not need more badging. For the love of all that is holy to what ever god you pray too GIVE US BACK OUR BRONCO INFORMATION!!!

Just like you have on OTHER auto forums already!!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Why are you guys & gals talking yourselves into such a frenzy? There's no question, this upgrade was poorly implemented on many levels, but the things you're looking for answers to take programming time. That means lots of back and forth with the developers, with the admins covering requests from numerous boards and not [likely] being directly involved in the fixes. I can understand being angry if they say "no" to a request, but being impatient just makes the community look as bad as the decision makers.

·
Eric
2,459 Posts

With regards to the colour od the skins. At the moment I don't believe we're working on a 3rd skin, but I will report it, and see if this can be added as a wishlist item to be added later on.

Niall
"Report it..."? "See if this can be added as a wishlist item to be added later on"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Here's mine:
"Hmmm... you know what, Ted? Let me touch base with you on this a little later. I want to make sure I have all my i's dotted, t's crossed, and ducks in a row. Just have to run this by my 'partners-in-crime' [forced laugh goes here] and get the go-ahead to move forward and make some magic happen [light elbow nudge to senior staffer, insinuating passive-aggressiveness, goes here]. I'll have my people look into it and get back to you in the very near future."

This is another example of how to respond to a question indirectly, in classic management-style, having stated nothing concrete, providing no deadlines, or addressing the issue with any detailed information. However, the inquisitor leaves the encounter feeling reassured and with a positive outlook that their concern has been/will be addressed.

Okay, okay... even though I know how this scenario probably ends and, likely, already have my response:

wipes tears of laughter from eyes

What does it mean when you say you will "report" something? Also, what happens with these "wishlist" items and which VS fairy godmother gets to decide what "wishes" come true? Also, what's his/her turnaround time for wish-granting?

To be clear, I'm not trying to be an ass; I just find the verbiage entertaining. My 8 year-old nephew has a "wishlist" for Santa. Literally. That's what he calls it. If your fairy-godmother-wish-granters can't get this handled, please kick it up the chain to Santa. That dude gets s**t done. Overnight too. (green toothless grin smiley)

You can get a good idea of the scope of owned forums here: https://www.verticalscope.com/our-verticals/powersports/
Wow. That's a lot of forums. Kinda puts things into perspective. I thought they owned like, maybe a dozen or so. We're just a friggin' drop in the bucket. These people own, like, half the internet...

·
Premium Member
34,870 Posts
Tired of bitching to the wind. Research VS a little and learn who we're dealing with and figure out it really is a waste of time. We are the product, not the consumer.

Being overly heavy handed and forcing us into a single thread, intended for bug fixes and conversion issue's was a stupid mistake on their part. They should have just let us have a few threads to bitch amongst ourselves, console each other and get this shit off our collective chests. Instead, they're suddenly playing control freak and trying to micro-manage us like good little sheep. Trying to control and muffle some of us just makes us that much more pissed off, when we could be at least starting to chill. Stupid.

I'll miss having you around Rich but I understand. You've got my info. Don't be a stranger bro.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know im kinda new here, but I too am vetting kind of fed up with the new platform.... I use an old tablet, and 90% of my replies go un posted because the forum uses so many adds, java scripts, and such that it crashes my tablet in an information overload. When I run a Mozilla crash report and debug, I get all kinds of DNS and Java ru time environment error messages. I cant even see what im typing half the time because the lag between my onscreen keyboard and tbis little message box cant keep up with each other.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
^ Same here. It's only this page, though. It looks like Want2BS8ed's embeds at the top of the page had extra code that broke the formatting the rest of the way down. I do chuckle at the notion of this software being faster and more stable than vBulletin. Assuming that's true, which is highly debatable, both are only the case because it's too new to be feature laden, let alone loaded down.

·
Premium Member
34,870 Posts
You're probably right. He did appear to fumble around a bit with the embedded vid.

EDIT ADD: You're dead on. I notice after I submit that my new post actually shows up 1/2 way under his, until I refresh the page, resetting it back to the bottom where it should be.

New board's not any faster for me. Some features even slower but I'm not mobile so maybe it's just working better for them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmmmm... pretty standard bbcode tags for imbedding YouTube, but you're right @BikerPepe tag-id-/tag showed nothing first try. Ended up having to use tag-YouTube URL-/tag to get video to show-up...

now that I've broken the internet, let's play. The video the right way:

VqomZQMZQCQ

And using the full URL:

Which shows up?

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmmmm... pretty standard bbcode tags for imbedding YouTube, but you're right @BikerPepe tag-id-/tag showed nothing first try. Ended up having to use tag-YouTube URL-/tag to get video to show-up...

now that I've broken the internet, let's play. The video the right way:

VqomZQMZQCQ

And using the full URL:

Which shows up?
Answering my own question tag-id-/tag, only shows the video id.

Score one more for XenForo...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ha! Just logged on with the lap and the video now shows up 3 times!

What did @BroncoMom call it? Hanky horse poop?

Hey, @RichG, before you go can we get a little logo jpg or gif, front on of a Bronco with a little goatee and a beret? Bronco Che - symbol of the revolución to save our forum?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hey @fullsize If u care... I'm STILL getting email notifications and somehow all my subscribed threads got deleted... Still awaiting your infinite wisdom at resolving these issues 😡

·
--------------
3,941 Posts
Good thing @RichG isn’t on the front lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hmmmm,

Step # 1 - DIVIDE
Step # 2 - CONQUER
Step # 3 - Rule the Internet....

ya know,
I was going to ask @fullsize for some help with the 2020 Invasion,
then I see that we just Lost Another VALUABLE & CONTRIBUTING Member,,,,, (Sad Smiley woulda' been Here)

Couple that with Your response about Rich
just makes me wanna say "Fugetaboutit" too. -- Double B1rd Smiley would be HERE --
(that, and realize I would Never want to be "Down Range" from You)

Maybe you should just stick to those BBQ's, Whiskeys & Cigars your so proud of. (Double B1rd Smiley would be HERE - Double B1rd Smiley would be HERE too)
(thats right, you just won the famous White Dragon "Double Double")....

Later Rich,
you were kind of Inspiring.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Just don’t know why some are bailing out after the first couple of weeks - where I’m from that’s called quitting.

This site has been a giant resource for me and it’s been fun and many have been very supportive of me in a major time of need. To me, that’s all still here and I just can’t understand why the operational changes made to the site really matter that much.

It’s the same users, the same Broncos, the same information, it’s just being laid out a little differently. Who cares?

And I’m not proud of those things, just sharing my interests.

And as great as Rich may be, he still bailed out on you and everyone else. No other way to paint it then that. It would have been better if he was here helping us.

Glad you got to vent on me - are your fingers okay from flying my way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

501 - 520 of 573 Posts