Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

521 - 540 of 573 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,857 Posts

@biggum - The insult about the "front lines" on Rich was just stupid. Not even close to any kind of valid comparison. Yea.. he gave up and bailed and it's his loss and ours. That sucks but crackin' on a dude who can't deal but has been an outstanding member who's been there to contribute and support for years on end... not cool. I expect better out of you bud.

@dash_cam - yea... but consider the source.

Part of the problem with understanding each other as we go through this change is how we access the site and how this downgrade has affected each user interface differently. From what I gather, mobile users didn't really experience much change and most of it was for the better. I'm not a mobile guy because I hate the format already. TappaTextTalk or whatever... obviously not even close to the same viewing experience I'm used too with FireFox on a Windows machine. Hell... I use dual monitors. I can't even imagine how so many enjoy the site with so little. I'm actually surprised people don't hate my guts. I type a lot and I hadn't even realized how many mobile users must see me as a long, long ass block of blathering text, compared to a PC users experience. I'd type a hell of a lot less and post less pics if I had to use the same setup I send text messages with. Can't even imagine, honestly. It's just very different and I had no idea how much, until folks started posting up screen shots.

As for the rest... well, we were promised weekly updates a month ago. So far, I've seen 2 buttons added that just repeated already available functionality. I haven't seen anything they've done worth a damn besides placate, make excuses or tell us "not gonna happen". I was able to use my AdBlocker (with help from the mighty @schwim ) to remove those annoying blocks of crap on the right side, so I could actually view the forum. I even tried fodders CSS solutions and it was ok but I'd have to re-learn CSS to make it worth the effort. I'm getting used to it but I still think it's a cheap downgrade and if I didn't love this place so much and have so much of my life dedicated to all you knuckleheads, I'd have bailed out too. Unfortunately, ya'll are stuck with my ass.

And if you haven't noticed... if they won't give us back our smilies, I'll find my own damn smilies and use 'em like I used too, back in the day.

·
Registered
424 Posts
...I just want our Bronco information back.

I can deal with everything else, including the sickeningly sweet, syrupy, condescending, answer nothing consequential, corporate paradigm shifting, let me give you badges rather than meaningful information, hinky horse poop hypocrisy VS has been spewing in this thread since “the day” FSB was “assimilated”. Hand me another shot out of a $1,300 bottle of scotch and I’ll tell you how I really feel.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just take a page out of VS’s book and interact under the assumption that EVERYONE has 1993 XLT 5.0L Bronco...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
@fullsize

two things:
1) what about increasing the number of posts per page? that used to be configurable. i would load 100 at a time. now i'm stuck at 20.

2) what happened to the link to the (roughly) weekly updates? i tried to find it but have to load 5x as many pages now to look through the threads. **** all that.

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
hmmmm... pretty standard bbcode tags for imbedding YouTube, but you're right @BikerPepe tag-id-/tag showed nothing first try. Ended up having to use tag-YouTube URL-/tag to get video to show-up...

now that I've broken the internet, let's play. The video the right way:

VqomZQMZQCQ

Which shows up?
You can just post the link to the video as you do not need to embed the link like you did on VB.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Now that's cool.

I too apologize to @biggum for slammin' on him about Rich.
(and Yes, I Kinda dig them "BBQ" threads)

KUMBAYA BITCHES.

View attachment 150137

Now if we could just get our LiL' "Cricket" back,,,,
(Too Many cooks in the Kitchen)
Maybe we could focus on getting this place squared away
And get @RichG back home....

Later,
Dragon
Cricket will be on vacation for three weeks so you are stuck with us. LOL

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
...I just want our Bronco information back.

I can deal with everything else, including the sickeningly sweet, syrupy, condescending, answer nothing consequential, corporate paradigm shifting, let me give you badges rather than meaningful information, hinky horse poop hypocrisy VS has been spewing in this thread since “the day” FSB was “assimilated”. Hand me another shot out of a $1,300 bottle of scotch and I’ll tell you how I really feel.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just take a page out of VS’s book and interact under the assumption that EVERYONE has 1993 XLT 5.0L Bronco...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The vehicle info will be coming back shortly under your avatar.

We are still testing it on a few sites to make sure all is well.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
@fullsize

two things:
1) what about increasing the number of posts per page? that used to be configurable. i would load 100 at a time. now i'm stuck at 20.

2) what happened to the link to the (roughly) weekly updates? i tried to find it but have to load 5x as many pages now to look through the threads. **** all that.
1. We are looking at updating the post per page with infinite scroll that is still being worked on.

2. Release Notes are under the help tab at the bottom.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
Uniquely my issue... Generally not something i enjoy hearing 😏 but also something i find hard to believe given the majority of my present company.
I'm always on mobile @fullsize .LG G4 running Android 6.0 viewing on most updated version of chrome mobile # 77.0.3865.116.
So... I'm assuming you're presuming all my issues (the alerts and still receiving emails despite resetting settings several times) are unique to my profile only? That would incredible odds based on the thousands of members. Imma have to buy a lottery ticket 😏
We haven't heard these issues from anyone else. Start a conversation with us so we can explore what is unique here and get your profile settings sorted to what you're looking for.

@fullsize have you figured out a way that we can edit the "tag line" under our avatar? Mine says "The Tennessee Warden" - some say Premium member, etc. Some of us would like to put our Bronco info there for everyone to see.
As stated above this is something we're working towards

"Report it..."? "See if this can be added as a wishlist item to be added later on"?
That's exactly what this thread is for. Development of these ideas take time, so we'd like to develop features everyone is looking for. This takes time, so we appreciate your patience as we build them out. Keep suggesting things, and we'll keep building them with and for you.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
34,857 Posts
Another suggestion from the old format that I'm not seeing on this one. Marking sections of an area or the entire site as already "read". It's very helpful when trying to keep track of what threads you've already read, or if you've been away and are hopelessly left behind, marking everything read and being able to start fresh and keep up with what's new or ongoing since a return to the site. With the NEW and FOLLOWING options, this missing feature would sure help to get things back in order and reduce the pages long list of FOLLOWING "Discussions" (threads) that's way out of control for me and probably anyone else who's been around here for any length of time.

Another problem I've noticed... if I open the FOLLOWING option, I'm still having issues differentiating discussions I was getting the notice for vs. ones I've already gone through. This last log in, I had 16 notices to different discussions. If I open the following dialog and view one of them... I totally loose track of what I've seen or haven't. I'm having to open up multiple tabs for each discussion and then use my tabs to run through the list, to make sure I didn't miss something... before I can even begin to start a thread on some issues I actually need help with. This is just another of the very frustrating issues that keep re-lighting that fire under my ass.
TIA

@biggum - I also apologize if my comment seemed inappropriate or over the line. If we had a <goodfinge> smilie back, then that would have made perfect sense. As it was... I took as as straight up crackin' on @RichG for no good reason. I'd have used the "I"m with stupid" smilie to @White Dragon comment... but, yea, well... you know.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
hmmmm... pretty standard bbcode tags for imbedding YouTube, but you're right @BikerPepe tag-id-/tag showed nothing first try. Ended up having to use tag-YouTube URL-/tag to get video to show-up...

now that I've broken the internet, let's play. The video the right way:

VqomZQMZQCQ

And using the full URL:

Which shows up?
Full url shows the video preview for me. The other is just a dead text link with no image

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Um, yeah. Maybe we should spend our time helping out all the users that have questions about their rigs vs whining about the color of the text on the website.

I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If it was just the color that would be a stupid bitch... But when there's function issues like my subscribed threads disappearing (and I'm not the first I've seen make that comment) or alerts being messed up or not being able to find all the new posts to help others out... Makes it a lil difficult to do what u love which is talk about our rigs and help others... Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We haven't heard these issues from anyone else. Start a conversation with us so we can explore what is unique here and get your profile settings sorted to what you're looking for.
-Gerrit
Seriously @fullsize ? I thought we were already having a conversation about what was unique here when u asked for the information regarding my Device and browser, and screenshots regarding the problems I'm experiencing (the alerts, the emails and now my subscribed threads disappearing). I've given you all the information you asked for to help resolve my issues and instead of coming back to me with some optimistic solution u tell me to start a conversation with u? That makes no sense to me (love being handled)... So can my saved threads be recovered? Is there a way to stop the emails? And are u working on the alerts problem is really all the conversation we need to have.
Eagerly awaiting your reply Gerrit

·
Premium Member
34,857 Posts
He's suggesting you start a private message, which is now called a "conversation" (<insert rolleyes smilie here> with the support staff... as you seem to be the one having those specific problems. I understand your frustration though. In spades, actually. Hang in there @BroncMom

Oh yea... any chance of us getting any of the member listing back we used to have at the bottom? It showed who was online and who was having a birthday, so we could drop a note in thier profile and wish 'em a Happy Birthday. Something I used to do for my members around here a LOT when I was on staff and something I know @miesk5 carried on. Another of those personal touches lost with the FSB DownGrade of 2019.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
He's suggesting you start a private message, which is now called a "conversation" (<insert rolleyes smilie here> with the support staff... as you seem to be the one having those specific problems. I understand your frustration though. In spades, actually. Hang in there @BroncMom
I see 😒 guess wanting to keep everything on 1 thread is flexible after all... And I'm not the only one having the disappearing subscribed threads issue. Im pretty sure i saw bigblue say something about that back in the beginning of this thread cause i said to myself how much that would suck to lose my saved threads... Must have happened during their 'cleaning up'... 😏 I saved threads for days before i ever posted my first word on the forum... All gone 😡 but i guess it's just, whatever 😏

·
Premium Member
34,857 Posts
I'd give you a HUG smilie... but, well... you know. I think the support staff t-shooting may be specific to your notifications problem. That one does appear to be specific to you but I do recall BigBlue having lost the bookmarks or whatever, because I suggested using the browser instead of the site but I don't use a mobile, so that went right into the scrap heap.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The square avatars are an improvement over the circles. There's hope still!

I stopped getting notifications for this thread, seemingly two days ago... The old forum was inconsistent with that, too, so it may be the mail server not the software.

521 - 540 of 573 Posts