Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

561 - 577 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Have you hit the "fullsize" account up for a direct tech support, direct "conversation" (what used to be a private message, which made so much more sense and wasn't nearly as obtuse a definition.)?
No, I haven't @BikerPepe` because honestly i just don't g.a.f anymore.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Actually we are the low end assembly line workers producing the product. Without our dedication and information, new people wont come to the site.

WITHOUT US FSBers, there is NO PRODUCT. If we go on strike, they eventually get no traffic for their ads and get no money. Yes, we are but a single freckle on an bloated Irishman, but we are the ones making them money. They dont make a cent themselves. If our content goes to crap, they get no ad money.

Isnt it iritating how ads are such a big thing, yet pretty much everyone ignores them all the time, considering half the time it's a scam or virus.

Congratulations, You've Won The Spanish National Lottery! Click here to claim your prize!!!
Most of the ads i get are targeted to whatever i was looking at on Google. Last night almost all the ones that came up in threads were for modular homes (i was researching what to build in Alaska).

·
Addicted to Junk
10,431 Posts
Most of the ads i get are targeted to whatever i was looking at on Google. Last night almost all the ones that came up in threads were for modular homes (i was researching what to build in Alaska).
Oh it's not just google... I get ads for things I've looked at on summit racing or bronco graveyard. Not this site, but others. I dont see ads on FSB at all. Maybe it's from my lifetime membership or adguard or both?

Im so sick of ads! I keep thinking that Futurama got it right when they joked about the government streaming ads into our dreams. Sadly, it's probably only 3.14159265359 years away

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Your web browser is what tracks your surfing, for me it's Google chrome so it could be shit i was looking at on realtor.com or autotrader or eBay (or whatever, i just happen to use Google shopping more so then going to individual sites). The point i was trying to make is those that appear in my threads are targeted based on my surfing not randoms that pay for advertising space on the board.

·
Premium Member
34,886 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that @BroncMom and while I totally understand... I guess I'm a little better at cooling off and trying again, until I get it. Be more stubborn and stupid, like me. ok... maybe just the stubborn part.
(don't get mad at me... read on and see where it goes. )

@fullsize - So... I made a complaint and I don't remember it being addressed but it just killed me again, so I'm adding my complaint to the "FIX IT" list again, not that anyone cares. When we first log into the site, we can see the ALERTS notification by the little dot on our top, left avatar. We click the drop-menu and see "ALERTS" with a number indicating how many "discussions" have been added too since our last session. We click that and it opens a page displaying all the "discussions" we're "following". This is where I have 2, significant problems.

If I log in and have 16 "discussions" to check up on, I have to open a separate browser tab for each one... or I loose track of all the others I have yet to view. This is crap! The old system addressed 2 issues with simplicity and grace that your new one has totally jacked up.

The old system had BOLD thread title text made it simple to see which ones were new vs. which ones had been viewed and which had not... yet.
As it is... I can barely tell the difference between "ALERT" "DISCUSSIONS" and old "DISCUSSIONS". If I click 1 of those alert marked discussions, all the alerts are now removed, so I can go back and view the others, once I've clicked on one.

Your new system's cookies are for shit if they can't track which threads I've looked at and which ones I have not yet looked at. Un-marking all followed "DISCUSSIONS" when you just click on one is a serious problem. That page shouldn't change until I've viewed each "DISCUSSION" individually... or I've gone to
Your new systems use of subtle color change to the separate fields is barely visible to old eyes on a PC system.

you know what... PHUK IT. I give up. I can't even keep track of lodging my own complaint, since you've changed all the familiar nomenclature with this obtuse bullshit. It may be a discussion but that's an oversimplification between a thread and a conversation with an individual. Oh wait... a conversation now refers to a private message. Yea... bullshit. I'm just getting pissed off again. Time to go smoke a bowl and blow my brains out. Piss off.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Time to go... blow my brains out. Piss off.
Nooooo 😥😥😥 😩😩

And i could never be mad with u @BikerPepe` ❤ I'm just done dealing with the bullshit. They don't care so it's not worth the energy. Just gonna Chuck it in the f#@k it bucket and move on...
Edit...Lol they put a profanity sensor on the board can't write f#@k in full form or it's all ****s
So much for 1A 😒

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That bucket can be a life saver @BikerPepe` more people should get one instead of continuously banging their head on that impossible wall...

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,618 Posts
well... I meant figuratively. ie: get real stoned. ;)
gotta be careful what you say on the interwebs these days.

I do dig that "phuk-it bucket" though. I may run with that one.
That bucket can be a life saver @BikerPepe` more people should get one instead of continuously banging their head on that impossible wall...
PHUKET; I'm going to Thailand. :ROFLMAO: :D

·
Administrator
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
A more eye friendly viewing mode. The earth tones are easy on the eyes, and contrast enough to be easy to read.
Depending on what browser you use. There are browser extensions that can adjust contrast and tone. This is just one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/high-contrast/djcfdncoelnlbldjfhinnjlhdjlikmph?hl=en

Bronco Info under our name. I know you're supposedly working on this.
Its still being worked out but should be here soon. Fingers crossed it will be here for an early holiday delivery.

Consistent communication from a couple of Techs that are familiar with us and our site. Constantly swapping techs is very frustrating for us to have to explain to over and over. What happened to Niall and the others that used to be our techs?
Niall is still here. There are only a half dozen of us working on the entire network so we do get pushed around a bit. We are doing our best and do all communicate throughout the day.

THREE WEEKS VACATION!? for cricket? That's insane.
You're telling me! Though she does work ALL The Time so she did earn it. She is back real soon.

-Philip

·
Addicted to Junk
10,431 Posts
Depending on what browser you use. There are browser extensions that can adjust contrast and tone. This is just one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/high-contrast/djcfdncoelnlbldjfhinnjlhdjlikmph?hl=en

Its still being worked out but should be here soon. Fingers crossed it will be here for an early holiday delivery.

Niall is still here. There are only a half dozen of us working on the entire network so we do get pushed around a bit. We are doing our best and do all communicate throughout the day.

You're telling me! Though she does work ALL The Time so she did earn it. She is back real soon.

-Philip
It's not the contrast that is the issue. White on black is as contrasting as it gets. The issue is members with sensitive eyes, where the stark B on W or blue on white is too contrasting. If you'll look back a ways, I posted an earth tone theme from a Xenforo site that everyone liked. That site has been on Xenforo about two years, and it's working for them. They even have a "custom" theme designed by some random guy.

They also have an online members list, like we used to and Pepe mentioned recently.

Screenshot_20191204-140721_Chrome.jpg

Are you saying there are six of you working 1000s of forums?

·
Addicted to Junk
10,431 Posts
In fact, even this site has an easier to read scheme. See how much easier on the eyes that the white on gray quoted responses are than the b&w.

Staring at the black and white long enough, the words start miraging, like the effect of a zebra's stripes.

Screenshot_20191204-144532_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's great for people using a pc but doesn't do a whole lot to help those of us on mobile @fullsize
Also, since u took the time to actually grace us with ur presence today it would have been nice if u could have addressed mine or @BikerPepe` 's concerns while u were here 🙁 specifically the problem we're having with the alerts or maybe if my magical disappearing subscribed threads could be recovered...

·
Try it now!!
9,126 Posts
This format blows. They took out all the borders. Hard to find what I want...it's seems designed to make you poke around to get more ads in your face than simply getting to the forum/thread you want.

Awful.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This format blows. They took out all the borders. Hard to find what I want...it's seems designed to make you poke around to get more ads in your face than simply getting to the forum/thread you want.

Awful.
Bingo

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,545 Posts

Awful.
Agreed. And renaming & hiding everything was certainly not for the good of the membership. Click on your avatar to get a drop down to find some stuff. PMs are now called conversations. Subscriptions are now called following. Alerts can be useful in finding updates to threads you were recently active in, but without distinguishing which threads you've looked at makes it a poor tool. You can't edit posts for more than a day. That's not very helpful for tech info that should be updated. We lost the ability to categorize our subscriptions. Some people have lost their subscriptions entirely. They took away our Bronco Info for each post & have been saying for weeks that they are working on bringing it back.

Still not a fan.

·
Registered
440 Posts

Awful.
Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner. Think you nailed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

561 - 577 of 577 Posts