Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

621 - 640 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
"You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days".

.... are you kidding me? First of all, this is broken because I haven't edited 10 different posts. I've edited 2 different posts 10 times (apparently).

Second of all, how is this an improvement? How does restricting number of edits improve, secure, or benefit anything? :mad:

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,255 Posts
Somebody better copy some of the important stuff before it's all gone forever.
Just sayin'

·
Registered
214 Posts
I mean i dont get the point of complaining on this thread they obviously dont give a ****. What are our alternatives/recourses? Any way to get the forum back under user control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,205 Posts
Any way to get the forum back under user control?
That ship sailed when it was sold to VS by the owner. It would be like showing up at the house you sold your washer and dryer to and saying you need to do some laundry.

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,217 Posts
A new site was sprung out of an old failure back in '03 because the owner of that site took advantage of the members. Starting fresh and new would be quite an undertaking though and someone would have to be willing to invest a decent chunk of change and a whole lotta time and at least a handful of experience. I can only think of a few that would be capable but I do not think they are willing.

Anyway... so, was a PUSH just a rebrand of a Pop-Up?

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
Anyway... so, was a PUSH just a rebrand of a Pop-Up?
Sort of, but it's worse. A pop-up only occurs when you're visiting that particular site. A PUSH, as they're referring to it (there are other definitions, such as in APIs), occurs when you're on any site. It's like being woken by a spam phone call in the middle of the night..."why the **** didn't I turn off the phone?!" You're giving them permission to pipe updates to you whenever, wherever.

I can't think of a less appealing feature in modern browsers.

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,217 Posts
Shouldn't need too, unless it's set on by default. That would be a terrible judgement call on rolling out a new feature that's so "pushy".
I haven't had one hit me yet, so I assume it's not "on" by default, since it was apparently added in the last update.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,205 Posts
You don't need to unsub from them unless you've already chosen to allow them. By default, ALL major browsers block push notifications unless you click "allow" when your browser tells you that a site would like to send notifications. If you have clicked allow without meaning to, you can click the icons just to the left of the URL up at the very top of the browser window and revoke the permissions.

It's not nefarious. It's not sneaky. It's not pushy(other than in the literal technological sense). It's a feature that many people appreciate. One, that by default is disabled in every stock major browser for those that do not.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,111 Posts
@BikerPepe` there is a spot to see who's birthday is today, but it doesnt function. I've tried it at least 5 times and it says no users match the criteria.

Traffic is definitely way down. When I'm one of top posters at under 10 per day, you know traffic is slow.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,510 Posts
Anyone here familiar with what it takes to operate a website? I want to start one for my LowBuckBum designs, etc. The software costs for Vbulletin aren't too horrible, but I can't seem to get a fix on what buy space on a server costs. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,704 Posts
I have both my web pages on a free server at webs.com @RichG and there's actually an add on feature,u can add a forum, which i do have on my business page. Been on webs for at least 2 decades. Very easy to set up on pc.

·
Registered
214 Posts
@BikerPepe` there is a spot to see who's birthday is today, but it doesnt function. I've tried it at least 5 times and it says no users match the criteria.

Traffic is definitely way down. When I'm one of top posters at under 10 per day, you know traffic is slow.
Yeah for real, I'm not less active than I was in the past and I'm consistently top 15 commenters every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
"You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days".

.... are you kidding me? First of all, this is broken because I haven't edited 10 different posts. I've edited 2 different posts 10 times (apparently).

Second of all, how is this an improvement? How does restricting number of edits improve, secure, or benefit anything? :mad:
I finally got it through my thick skull:

THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYIN' FUG.....

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,111 Posts
Well for those of you who may not have noticed, the almighty powers did listen to our pleas.

The text in dark mode is not stark white anymore, but a very light gray. This is evident when comparing to the stark white of thread title text. It isnt a big change, but I do notice it's a bit easier on the eyes.

I did take these screenshots, showing that Xenforo can definitely support "bronco info" and location under our names. @fullsize, any info you can share about the progress of this request??

Screenshot_20200131-205926_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-205919_Chrome.jpg

·
Low Buck Bum
3,510 Posts
Meh, still glows to my old man, bifocal needing eyes.

... but I am thankful you brought it up, seems as if SOMEONE is still alive here, just not who we hoped would be posting in this thread regularly, or even WEEKLY.

That said, I'm now treating this like a nonsensical picture thread until they block me from posting in the thread.

T

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thou shalt only post in this thread... and yet we haven't heard anything here from @fullsize in what - 2 months?

621 - 640 of 692 Posts