Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

641 - 660 of 692 Posts

·
--------------
4,054 Posts
You don't need to unsub from them unless you've already chosen to allow them. By default, ALL major browsers block push notifications unless you click "allow" when your browser tells you that a site would like to send notifications. If you have clicked allow without meaning to, you can click the icons just to the left of the URL up at the very top of the browser window and revoke the permissions.

It's not nefarious. It's not sneaky. It's not pushy(other than in the literal technological sense). It's a feature that many people appreciate. One, that by default is disabled in every stock major browser for those that do not.

Well @schwim You are Not going to like this reply....

I went into my - Avtar / Account Settings / Preferences and found "ALL" of those "Push" things checked to ON.

I Never made that selection,,,,,, they are all set to OFF now...
just sharing this info as to not be "Nefarious" or anything.

Thanks @fullsize ....
I'm pretty sure some folks will be much less apt to speak / defend in the future.

·
Ford-a-Holic
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,255 Posts
Another lovely feature, especially for someone who posts a lot.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,111 Posts
Another lovely feature, especially for someone who posts a lot.

Yeah I hit that one when I was doing FOTY. That’s a dumb one.
If there us something that you really need to edit, and aren't allowed to, let me know and I can edit it for you with my moderator superpowers. This is obviously not an invitation to send me little tiny edits, but something major I'd be happy to do.

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
Well for those of you who may not have noticed, the almighty powers did listen to our pleas.
More like, they "listened" to tens of thousands of complaints across hundreds+ of forums similarly bastardized in the name of homogeneous design. From the few I've seen, they all get the same roll-outs at the same time. I'm curious about the Caddy forum's vehicle info addition and whether those almighties even know how it snuck in there. There's a glitch in the matrix.

The lack of any admin presence since those opening weeks is interesting. They're obviously not the ones doing the development, because something like the Dark Mode contrast tweak would have taken a matter of minutes, not months. And they're obviously not busy helping people through the transition, because facts. So, I'm left thinking that the same people who denied being corporate shills in trying to pump this thing up, all in the name of a system that's easier to automate the network-wide maintenance of, may find themselves ironically unnecessary.

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,255 Posts
Thanks @BigBlue 94 , much appreciated. It was only to add @BikerPepe` name to this "Random Picture" post below to ask him if it was more his style.
I must say, it's pretty frustrating when you can't edit your own post, simply because you post a lot and sometimes have to edit your posts for grammar or to add or correcto information. Pretty phuckin stupid if you ask me.

I know, no one asked me.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,510 Posts
Honestly, this site didn't have all that much traffic when they bought it, and since this last roll out it has dwindled significantly. No hits equals no ad revenue equals indifference to us about our concerns/gripes/bitches...

which equals

less traffic and even lower ad revenues. Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't curtailed the amount of space we use, server wise. When they stop hosting pictures then we'll know the end is closing in I suppose.

So, until that fateful day that Cyberdyne realizes we're sucking profits, I shall be true to my word:

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,111 Posts
If I were not a moderator, I'd be super ticked because I have to edit a LOT. I post on smoke breaks or between shaking cans of paint, and have to do it quickly so I miss things. I bet I edit ten times a day.

I thought they had changed the permissions to allow more edits, and editing after 24 hours. Obviously not.

@fullsize, i KEEP getting the popup notification to enable Push Notifications, which I've declined numerous times. I dont want to have to click on that all the time.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,111 Posts
Just thinking out loud here, about the edit permissions.

The reason for them is to keep spammers from editing a new link into an old "clean" post. If we were to restrict edits for only members with 30 posts or less, that would likely still do the job, while not restraining actual members.

Of course we cant even get the post restrictions on the classifieds section so this is wishful thinking

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,205 Posts
that's the main reason it is in place. It's a popular tactic to edit a bot's old posts to include spam links long after people are looking at those threads so their site can gain some legitimacy in the eyes of Google.

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
If we were to restrict edits for only members with 30 posts or less, that would likely still do the job, while not restraining actual members.
Logic.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
Fuggin' slow today!!1! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
Let's be fair, though. The old forum had just as many slow periods. Sure, we were told, or at least it was suggested, that this new forum was supposed to improve that, but I think it's pretty clear at this point we were only receiving a canned sales pitch.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,704 Posts
Anyone else get their survey request? I can't even 😂

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,217 Posts
Oh yes. Oh hell yes. I nearly had to pass... but hey, be careful what you ask for. You want my opinion... ok.
Fortunately for them, I haven't been feeling real uppity lately so it was fairly short and to the point.

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,255 Posts
X3

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
I know I'm repeating myself, but the survey is just like the system updates. It pops up at the same time on every VS forum you visit. It's about as personalized as the admins are attentive in this thread, so that ought to tell you how much attention it merits, and how much they likely care about the answers you submit.

Everything that was done here was in the name of automation.

641 - 660 of 692 Posts