Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

661 - 680 of 692 Posts

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
Slow? The site wouldn't even load this morning. Said it was down for maintenance.
Yup that too!

When I posted yesterday, it was right after the fugger wouldn't load.

"...sorry; come back later." REALLY????? :mad: :mad::mad:

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
Let's be fair, though. The old forum had just as many slow periods. Sure, we were told, or at least it was suggested, that this new forum was supposed to improve that, but I think it's pretty clear at this point we were only receiving a canned sales pitch.
Let's be honest and realistic,
I'd rather have the old-slow format that was waaaaaaay more user-friendly than the polished turd we have now.

And I totally agree with your last point.

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
Let's be honest and realistic,
I'd rather have the old-slow format that was waaaaaaay more user-friendly than the polished turd we have now.
No one's disagreeing with that, but it's neither here nor there when complaining about forum slowness in a thread devoted to the new setup, when the software itself has little or nothing to do with the responsiveness. It's a server and/or network issue.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
when the software itself has little or nothing to do with the responsiveness. It's a server and/or network issue.
I'm not a computer hack.

Wouldn't your point hold true for the old format then, as well?

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
I'm not a computer hack.

Wouldn't your point hold true for the old format then, as well?
Uh, yeah... Did you forgot my post that you quoted? "The old forum had just as many slow periods. Sure, we were told, or at least it was suggested, that this new forum was supposed to improve that..."

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,111 Posts
I've had the slowness for over a week now.

The VS office had a major flu epidemic recently. Not that that justifies anything from the last however many months.

I have not received any kind of survey.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
I'm no computer hack.
Therefore; I have no idea why the new format acts just like the old format (fuggin' sloooooooooow!).

It's not making any sense; did they get the new format for free???
Or did they actually pay for it?

·
Registered
'92 Custom, '95 MAF 5.0
1,992 Posts
I'm no computer hack.
Therefore; I have no idea why the new format acts just like the old format (fuggin' sloooooooooow!).
Again, "the software itself has little or nothing to do with the responsiveness. It's a server and/or network issue"... With web-based software (usually PHP), for most intents and purposes, different code bases are going to run about the same speed. Unless one example has glaringly bad coding practices or significantly more database queries, you're just not going to notice the difference. And the features across two modern forums are probably going to be close enough that they won't impact speed much different from each other.

VS most likely has 10x too many sites/forums crammed onto each server (because assembly line cost savings), bogging down the processor and bottlenecking the bandwidth. Nothing they do with the software is going to improve the state of the network.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,111 Posts
Bronco Info under the user name is now up and running. I have a short thread in this help section showing how to find it.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,816 Posts
Bronco Info under the user name is now up and running. I have a short thread in this help section showing how to find it.
Here.... HOWEVER - it looks like two lines is the max for under the user name. It may allow more in the Account Settings field, but it gives you a "..." at the end @BigBlue 94 .

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,128 Posts
It's misleading to show 100 charector limit but only allow 50 to show but I'm glad to see we finally got one of these most important losses fixed.
You also dont get to see all of the info you enter into this field, cuts off the last half.....
So you really only have 25-30 characters.....

·
Addicted to Junk
11,111 Posts
Not sure where y'all are seeing the 50 chaeachter thing, I have 93 showing in my info tag... and pepe, you have 53.

When entering the info, at least on my phone, you can click and drag in the text box to see the rest of what you typed

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,816 Posts
Not sure where y'all are seeing the 50 chaeachter thing, I have 93 showing in my info tag... and pepe, you have 53.

When entering the info, at least on my phone, you can click and drag in the text box to see the rest of what you typed
This is what I'm talking about - it cuts off the end of your details with a "..."

·
Addicted to Junk
11,111 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
11,111 Posts
Looks like 54 characters including spaces and commas, is the max for showing in desktop view.

661 - 680 of 692 Posts