Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

681 - 700 of 760 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,431 Posts
Not sure where y'all are seeing the 50 chaeachter thing, I have 93 showing in my info tag... and pepe, you have 53.

When entering the info, at least on my phone, you can click and drag in the text box to see the rest of what you typed
When I type in the field, I see "53/100" to the left. The natural assumption is a character limit countdown. My first attempt to enter my regular info was closer to 75 and the display looked the same to me as MS88 referred to earlier ("..."). I was guesstimating based on the downsize adjustment I had to make to display all my info properly-ish.

Obviously and once again... there are some significant differences between mobile and PC. I'm browsing on Win10 w/FireFox 72.0.2

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,399 Posts
It also appears that they have a sense of humor too...

"Sync release numbers
You might notice this release appears to jump ahead into the future to 42. In addition to being the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, it’s also the current internal release number our developers use. To simplify, we’ve updated the public release number to be in sync with our internal release number. These will remain in sync from now on. "

·
35,431 Posts
nerds... but I love me some Douglas Adams, so I can't only grin.

edit add: And I just noticed... my FSB stats listing is back to showing the damn "..."
bangin' head smilie would have gone here

·
Low Buck Bum
3,528 Posts
You know, this company, CervicalPope, could actually be the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. Think about it, they both could have the exact operating parameters, "fundamental design flaws can be completely hidden by superficial design flaws."

It's genius if you think about it!

(EDIT: I misspelled the companies name, SlipperyRope, my sincerest apologies!)

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,399 Posts
All the time, especially the Political Satire pics thread.
Damn, I know I sound like my Dad, but I miss the old days...(of the forum)

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,673 Posts
Did anybody else loose all their subscr... er, "followings"... again?
subscr... er, "followings" still appear to be there, but "Alerts" aren't consistent. Sometimes they point out new "followed" posts, & sometimes they don't.

And "Alerts" still gives no way to tell which ones have been viewed vs unviewed. So we still have to note the quantity in the drop down & count down the list.

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,399 Posts
.....And "Alerts" still gives no way to tell which ones have been viewed vs unviewed. So we still have to note the quantity in the drop down & count down the list.
They actually do, in the form of a color break. If you are in "Light Mode" it's barely noticeable, in "Dark Mode", more so.

·
35,431 Posts
They did appear to change the gradient colors in Dark Mode so it is more visible but if you click off and come back, you're on your own. I still have to open ALL alerted threads in different browser tabs or I loose track. Fortunately (*sarcasm), I keep loosing the threads I'm following and some I've been following for years... so there's that.

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,399 Posts
WTF IS GOING ON HERE???????

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,399 Posts

·
35,431 Posts
@fullsize - So... I'm a Lifetime Premium Member and have been since before VS took over. I've recently switched to a new browser and would like to disable the right side menu's. As a Premium member, we're supposed to have the option...

Focused Reading Mode -
  • Enable Focused Reading Mode and hide the right column
    Requires premium membership Upgrade to Premium
In my profile, the option is grayed out... as if to encourage me to Purchase the Membership I've already been given in appreciation for services rendered. So, what gives?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,929 Posts
I saw that last update. No longer offering lifetime memberships? Making people pay in perpetuity if they want premium access?

IMO that’s not a good model. I mean - what was the LT price? $100? $150 don’t remember...but what’s the average engagement for a member? I’d think people would just stop paying $20/yr after one or two years when they figure out they might not take advantage of all the benefits of premium membership. Getting a larger stake up front seems like a better money maker to me. I think there should be the option available.

681 - 700 of 760 Posts