Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any resources for weather stripping i would like to buy a complete kit for the whole truck but im mostly interested in getting the stripping for the tailgate both onner and outter strips thanks

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
Year? Fill out your bronco info in user cp. it's very helpful for people who are trying to help you.

Check Jeff's bronco graveyard. They have most of it. Also try lmc truck.

·
Registered
254 Posts
is the stuff from rockauto and jeffs good quality? i need new weather stripping on most of my truck and dont want to cheap out on something like that

·
Super Moderator
26,988 Posts
yoTW,
You have an 88, correct?
See my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=487 for many WS LINKS such as;

Parts Break-Out Diagrams in 78-96 w/Ford part numbers; 1978-96 D8TZ-9851322-A Removable Roof Front Seal On fiberglass roof; D8TZ-98513C22-PR Removable Roof Side Panel Seals on 78-79; D8TZ-9854732-A Front Roof Rear Seal on metal roof on 78-79; E1TZ-98422A20-A Back Window Glass Lower Side Run, RH or LH on 78-96
Source: by bwautoparts.com via web.archive.org & miesk5 at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2206087&posted=1#post2206087

Tailgate Terminology & Sources in 78-79 & 80-96
Source: by miesk5 at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183147

for other Topics, see my site for the HOT LINKs to others such as;
Tailgate Weather Strip Reviews; "...So I went with trusty ol' LMC. The weatherstripping came on the UPS truck about a half hour ago, and I spent the last 10 minutes putting it on. Beautiful, flawless....i bought my rubber from lmctruck.com and it was an exact fit no issues at all. I just did the upper in the cap of my 88 and got my rubber from Jeff's. It didn't require reusing the clips, just popped right in..."
Source: by loarmistead, Troy & generaltso at FSB

Window Regulators, Weatherstrip & Vent Parts Break-Out Diagram in 80-96
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

Tailgate Weather Seal Replacement; applies to all years for most

Lubrication
"...Use Silicone Lubricant C0AZ-19553-AA (jelly) and D7AZ-19553-AA (spray) or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M13P4-A on the door and window weatherstrips whenever necessary. Silicone lubricant helps avoid weatherstrip squeaks and retards excess weatherstrip wear from chafing between the door glass upper frame and the weatherstrip. It also helps to retain door window alignment by reducing friction between the glass frame and the rubber weatherstrip. Use Multi-Purpose Grease Spray D7AZ-19584-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specifications ESR-M1C159-A and ESB-M1C106-B to lubricate door and tailgate hinges. Apply an even coat to all hinge pivot points as outlined in the maintenance schedules or when a binding or squeaking condition occurs..." miesk5 Note, test the silicone on a regular styrofoam cup first; if the cup gets funky or melts, then the can or tube contans oil, a regular occurrence now, esp if from China

Camper Top Location Diagram #1; "...There's 1 weatherstrip across the back of the cab that slips onto a lip of steel, and a reinforced rubber trim that covers another lip, but it doesn't seal anything. Then there's a foam rubber gasket glued under each side of the shell, terminating in a large foam block at the tailgate. So that's a total of 4 pieces, but only 3 are seals. Only the weatherstrip on the cab is marked in the 1st diagram, but all are shown in cross-section..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net
Camper Top Location Diagram #2; "...There's 1 weatherstrip across the back of the cab that slips onto a lip of steel, and a reinforced rubber trim that covers another lip, but it doesn't seal anything. Then there's a foam rubber gasket glued under each side of the shell, terminating in a large foam block at the tailgate. So that's a total of 4 pieces, but only 3 are seals. Only the weatherstrip on the cab is marked in the 1st diagram, but all are shown in cross-section..."

Adhesive for Camper Top Front & Side Weatherstrips; "...They don't attach to the metal - they're glued to the fiberglass, with a few screws at the rear corners. The cream color is the paint off the fiberglass. 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive is probably the best for this application, but you MUST follow the directions to the letter - otherwise, it won't hold for $#!T..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at FSB

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got door window and tailgate window weather stripping from Bronco Graveyard for my 1990. Its no the best, some of it didn't fit right.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I ordered from LMC, the weather stripping is a good fit, and doesn't leak. So far it has survived the 100 degree summers, and 10 degree salt covered winters here in PA and WV

·
Registered
254 Posts
I ordered from LMC, the weather stripping is a good fit, and doesn't leak. So far it has survived the 100 degree summers, and 10 degree salt covered winters here in PA and WV
which stripping did you get? how long have you had it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts